Chipper Cash is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
- We are a small team. You will be encouraged to engage in high-level technical decision making, and there will be a lot of room for growth for early hires as the company continues to expand.
- The Chipper team is truly global on a daily basis, you might be interacting with team members in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, London, Accra, Lagos, and Nairobi
- You will not be micromanaged. We have an engineering team culture centered on open-communication, honest feedback, and personal responsibility.
Our Mobile Product teams are building the flagship Chipper Cash product as well as entirely new products that the fin tech ecosystem has never seen before. You'll work cross functionally with various designers, product owners & engineers to build and deliver exceptional user experiences and products for our 4+ million Chipper users.
Your role within the Mobile Product team will be to help shape and build a best in class crypto currency product for the African and worldwide market while also owning the mobile technical roadmap.
What You Will Be Doing
- Be an Owner: Own technical implementation and technical roadmap improvements of the Chipper Cash crypto product from the mobile side.
- Join a team of geographically distributed engineers who own mobile products with the goal of shipping the most reliable & engaging mobile app in our industry.
- Build intuitive and delightful customer experiences that strengthen our reputation as a trusted payments brand.
- Build, test and ship customer-facing features/products using tools and frameworks like React Native, Typescript, ES6, Node, and Redux.
- Raise the bar for product quality by maintaining a high baseline and quickly fixing and polishing UX issues.
- Design and contribute to the high-performance backend services that drive the mobile app.
- Refine and practice a strong sense of design and human-centred UX.
- Relentlessly pursue best in class engineering standards while still getting updates and new products into our user's hands.
What You Should Have
- A passion for crypto whether it be following industry news, building your own blockchain or being an avid user of crypto products.
- 4+ years of experience with React Native - you should be using React native on the web.
- 4+ years of experience with Typescript.
- Empathy for building performant experiences for folks with low-end devices, low disk space and slow internet connections.
- A true passion for user experience, as evidenced by an obsessive user focus, as well as an ability to render complexity down to its truest essence.
- An ability to collaborate with designers, product owners, and other Chipper teams to come up with high-impact ways of quickly solving our users’ problems.
- You ship incrementally to move fast and can communicate how the team needs to handle product transitions.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts.
- A desire to work with some of our most demanding and discerning customers.
- A passion for building amazing end-to-end experiences with an eye for design and quality.
- You are a champion for the customer and constantly put yourself in the shoes of your users, and strive to create an intuitive and delightful experience.
If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.