We’re looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join the Cloud Engineering team and help continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Chipper is more than just a mobile wallet, it’s how people send money home to their grandparents for medicine, how parents send money to their children for school books, it’s how the African continent gets connected to the economy worldwide. Our products and business are growing rapidly and we need innovative thinkers and gritty explorers to help us pave the way in exciting areas like cryptocurrency, cross-border transactions, and expanding opportunities for generational wealth through access to the stock market.
You’ll be responsible for developing and maturing Chipper’s infrastructure and cloud footprint. You will be leading initiatives that will allow us to scale our platform as quickly and safely as possible.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design, develop, and maintain Chipper’s infrastructure in a repeatable, reliable way as we grow and scale to support more countries and features
- Communicate and work directly with internal technology partners. Provision and maintain infrastructure that supports their technical roadmaps.
- Analyze technical problems, design and document solutions, and champion their adoption
- Review designs and development done by other engineers, proactively providing guidance and suggestions to improve solutions
- Improve, promote and maintain our coding and quality standards and continue to raise the bar on our engineering practices
- Pair, mentor, and learn with and from other engineers on the team and wider engineering organization
- Collaborate and work with a distributed, diverse, and talented group of people across engineering, product, design, operations, growth, and more
- Foster a welcoming and inclusive environment that empowers people to grow and succeed
- Help out in other areas as needed, such as with issue resolution, incidents and investigations, engineering wide initiatives, and other high impact work
- Have the opportunity to work cross-functionally and in multiple domains such as airtime, bill payments, money movement, mobile applications, and more
What You Should Have
- Multiple years of experience designing and developing infrastructure for high TPM platforms. Experience in AWS is a big plus.
- Experience integrating with third party technology partners
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal, to collaborate with other engineers and product managers
- Ability to think and reason about technical systems and problems, and come up with solutions that are simple yet performant and mature
- A high degree of collaboration, autonomy, responsibility, and initiative. You will be part of a team environment that rewards and expects supportive autonomy, where you are supported and given trust and ability to operate independently without micromanagement
- A kind, compassionate, empathetic, and inclusive mindset
- We look for well-rounded engineers of all backgrounds. Exceptional candidates may have experience working in cloud operations, financial technology, leading complex projects with multiple engineers, and working in a modern infrastructure as code environment such as Terraform
About Our Tech Stack
- Fullstack Typescript
- Fully automated CI/CD using Semaphore and Github Unit testing with Jest/Mocha.
- React Native - Android / iOS application
- Monitoring with BugSnag & Amplitude
- Global state management with Redux
- Chipper UI design system powered by: Styled Components & StoryBook
- Node.js - service based architecture
- PostgreSQL application databases
- RabbitMQ for inter-server communication
- Server hosting on Heroku and Google Cloud Platform Monitoring with Datadog & Logz.io
- Snowflake for data warehousing and analysis
- Python for in-depth data analysis, transformation, and reporting
- Partly on both AWS and Heroku
- Terraform for Infrastructure as Code
Chipper Cash <3’s Chipper Team Members
At Chipper Cash we prioritize people. We offer competitive salary and benefits including paid time off that you’ll actually be encouraged to take, equity in the company, outstanding health and wellness benefits, generous parental leave, retirement matching, a welcoming and inclusive culture that embraces the open-minded traveler with a love for humanity and all our differences, and much more.
At Chipper we know some groups of applicants will only apply if they check every box on a job opening, but we encourage you not to say no for us. If you meet 80% of the requirements, apply apply apply! We would love to speak to you.