Chipper Cash is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
- We are a global team that is growing quickly. You will be encouraged to engage in impactful decision-making
- Chipper closed our Series C funding - read all about it on TechCrunch
- We have a team culture centered on open communication, honest feedback, and personal responsibility. You will not be micromanaged
- We believe that the best solution is often the simplest and that testing and measuring are the keys to unlocking exponential growth
- The Chipper team is truly global - on a daily basis, you might be interacting with team members in Nairobi, San Francisco, Lagos, Los Angeles, New York City, Accra, London, Johannesburg, and Berlin
What You Will Be Doing
- As a Brand Manager at a fast-growing early-stage company, you will have the opportunity to create a massive impact; on the company, on the product, and, most importantly, on the lives and livelihoods of our users.
- We are a small team. You will be encouraged to engage in decision making that will establish the culture of design at Chipper Cash. There will be leadership roles available to early hires as the company continues to expand.
- Enjoy working from home? Coffee-shops? Co-working spaces? Pick any of the above! Our team is fully remote.
- We have a product team culture centered on open-communication, honest feedback, and personal responsibility. You will not be micromanaged.
- The Chipper team is truly global – on a daily basis, you might be interacting with team members in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, London, Brazil, Accra, Lagos, and Nairobi.
What You Should Have
- Lead consumer insights for the global marketing team, becoming the ‘expert’ on consumer desires and behaviors in all our core markets (both African and Western)
- Engage stakeholders (primarily marketing and strategy teams) to understand their business questions and articulate research needs, and advise on the trade-off between precision, scope, time, and cost
- Translate research needs into relevant, actionable research questions and propose project execution plans
- Conduct research (both DIY and with vendors) using both qualitative and quantitative research techniques, working within budget constraints
- Synthesize research findings and communicate/share out relevant output to the stakeholders
- Drive insights widely through the organization, including training and developing teams
If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.