Chipper Cash is looking for a TechOps Engineer to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Chipper is more than just a mobile wallet, it’s how people send money home to their grandparents for medicine, how parents send money to their children for school books, it’s how the African continent gets connected to the economy worldwide. Our products and business are growing rapidly and we need innovative thinkers and gritty explorers to help us pave the way in exciting areas like cryptocurrency, cross-border transactions, and expanding opportunities for generational wealth through access to the stock market.
The TechOps team owns bug and incident management. We are a small, product-focused team that is working hand-in-hand with the operations team and other engineering teams to deploy more stable and maintainable features. We equip the operations team with the necessary tools and workflows to address customer issues that require the engineering team’s attention
What you'll be doing:
- Troubleshooting issues to determine scope, severity, and impact
- Creating and maintaining runbooks that define repeated processes around issues and remediations
- Continually evaluating existing processes to determine effectiveness and efficiency
- Assuring that data remediations are performed in a consistent manner, in a timely fashion, and results reported back to the business
- Provide follow-up and proactive communication around issues, ticket statuses, and time-to-resolve
- Take lead on active incidents and manage them effectively
- Conduct Postmortems on past incidents and publish those results to the business
- Foster a welcoming and inclusive environment that empowers people to grow and succeed
What you should have:
- 1 - 2 years experience in a similar role
- A curious mind that enjoys putting on your detective hat and solving problems
- A calm demeanor that works well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- An internal drive to identify the source of a problem and pursue resolution
- Ability to work effectively across multiple business units
- A kind, compassionate, empathetic, and inclusive mindset
About Our Tech Stack
- Node.js + Typescript/TypeORM service-based architecture
- React Native Android/iOS application
- PostgreSQL application databases
- RabbitMQ for inter-server communication
- Server hosting on Heroku and Google Cloud Platform
- Fully automated CI/CD using Heroku CI and Github
- Application monitoring with Datadog, Logz.io, and Amplitude
- Snowflake for data warehousing and analysis
- Python for in-depth data analysis, transformation, and reporting
Chipper Cash <3’s Chipper Team Members
At Chipper Cash we prioritize people. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Chipper Cash and the country where you work. We offer competitive salaries and benefits. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, unlimited PTO that you’ll actually be encouraged to take, equity in the company, outstanding health and wellness benefits such as our new Chipper Care Policy, generous parental leave, and a welcoming and inclusive culture that embraces the open-minded traveler with a love for humanity and all our differences, and much more.
At Chipper we know some groups of applicants will only apply if they check every box on a job opening, but we encourage you not to say no for us. If you meet 80% of the requirements, apply apply apply! We would love to speak to you.