Chipper Cash is looking for a Financial Crimes Data Analyst to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Chipper is more than just a mobile wallet, it’s how people send money home to their grandparents for medicine, how parents send money to their children for school books, it’s how the African continent gets connected to the economy worldwide. Our products and business are growing rapidly and we need innovative thinkers and gritty explorers to help us pave the way in exciting areas like cryptocurrency, cross-border transactions, and expanding opportunities for generational wealth through access to the stock market.
Work on the most impactful projects, including the Chipper Cash Data Platform and partner with the business to help us solve complex problems and provide new insights using data.
What You'll Be Doing
In this role you’ll support analytical reporting and data initiatives that prevent fraud and financial crimes from happening on our platform alongside our legal, risk and compliance teams. As part of the analytics team, you will work with key stakeholders to create insights, identify opportunities, and help drive important business decisions.
What You Should Have
- 3+ years' work experience as an analyst, subject matter expertise in fraud, compliance or security is a big plus
- Comfortable with SQL, querying data warehouses like Snowflake and can take business questions and develop the right queries that can answer the question
- Comfortable working in BI tools such as Looker, Tableau or Qlikview and experienced in creating meaningful visualizations for business users
- Great communication and people skills. You communicate information, ideas and concepts clearly and with empathy for our users and colleagues
- A proactive, curious, and self-driven mindset. You follow through on items without being micromanaged when given appropriate direction. If something doesn’t look right, you dig deeper and ask why?
- You’re an organized person that can plan, organize and manage timelines effectively
- A resilient nature, we are a start-up and while we try to keep chaos at a minimum, some things don’t go as planned and we move fast, things will never be 100% predictable or humdrum
Chipper Cash <3’s Chipper Team Members
At Chipper Cash we prioritize people. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Chipper Cash and the country where you work. We offer competitive salary and benefits. US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, unlimited PTO that you’ll actually be encouraged to take, equity in the company, outstanding health and wellness benefits such as our new Chipper Care Policy, generous parental leave, and a welcoming and inclusive culture that embraces the open-minded traveler with a love for humanity and all our differences, and much more.
At Chipper we know some groups of applicants will only apply if they check every box on a job opening, but we encourage you not to say no for us. If you meet 80% of the requirements, apply apply apply! We would love to speak to you.