What is this position
This position supports the Legal Risk & Compliance organization, which develops and provides oversight of vendor risk under the Enterprise Risk Manager responsible for Vendor Management.
Are you someone who wants to keep criminals from abusing people and the financial system? Do you enjoy solving mysteries? Can you maintain objectivity and independence? Do you have a passion for developing processes to help evolve the onboarding, ongoing management and risk-based screening processes of vendors? Do you enjoy performing and reviewing requests for proposals (RFPs) to help the business make educated and informed decision?
We are looking for someone like you who can consult, support, and recommend proactive and reactive solutions to help support a robust and comprehensive vendor management program. These solutions need to be agile, flexible, assessed and must be a fluid balance of homegrown and third-party applications to develop comprehensive vendor management processes for the LRC organization and the greater Chipper Cash organization globally.
Who we are
Chipper Cash was founded in 2018 by Ham Serunjogi and Maijid Moujaled, with the aim to “chip away” at the problem of inaccessible financial services, a high population of underbanked consumers, reliance on cash for daily commerce and the difficulty of cross-border transactions. Today, Chipper Cash is connecting more than one million people in Africa, one transaction at a time with an easy-to-use mobile app that makes money transfers fast, secure and free. Whether it’s sending money home to support your family, running a cross-border business or paying local expenses, Chipper Cash saves time, saves money, and opens up new opportunities for Africans everywhere.
With plans for rapid expansion, the Chipper Cash mobile app is currently available to consumers and businesses in seven countries, including Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, South Africa and the United Kingdom.. Headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices across the globe, Chipper Cash delivers fair financial services that make the lives of millions of Africans better in a small way, every day. Chipper’s mission is to unlock global opportunities and bring Africa together, one transaction at a time. Come join us. For more information, please visit our website: www.chippercash.com
What’s in It for You?
Your role will assist in the process of developing strategic relationships and partnerships with third-party vendors and applications as well as internal product and development teams to help identify practical, holistic and comprehensive solutions to LRC’s Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Counter Financing of Terrorism (CFT) and Fraud Mitigation policies with a specific emphasis on vendor management. You will work with the various members of LRC leadership as well as other members of leadership across the Chipper Cash organization to promote an appropriate and risk-based approach to a strong culture of compliance.
Your position will be strategic as you are a contributor offering support to various teams by:
- Develop effective, trust-based relationships with stakeholders to help educate Chipper Cash teams on the importance of proper and comprehensive vendor management
- Develop enhanced levels of awareness when it comes to the importance of vendor management, vendor maintenance, establishing relationships and RFPs
- Ensure our staff have access to the right systems after onboarding new systems through working closely through the integration processes
- Design, quality assure and deliver bespoke content, working to standardize principles for design and facilitation of the vendor management processes
- Evaluating the impact of our new vendors and third-party applications
- Provide executional adherence of the CCO’s strategic initiatives and direction to help design and deploy various tools, documents, training, etc. to support the vendor management processes.
- Initiate proactive outreach to vendors and third parties to assess use and cost benefits to provide helpful and relevant solutions to increase efficiency, decrease manual processes and enhance existing processes
- Manage certain Compliance vendors and ensure that they continue to meet quality expectations and all service levels
- Develop workflow-based training to help ensure process absorption concurrent with appropriate resources for successful absorption
- Develop and maintain positive, engaging, and transparent relationships with cross-functional groups including product, engineering, technology, customer support, finance and more to provide consultation, guidance and clarification on compliance requirements and Chipper Cash’s culture of compliance
- Be a member of the Chipper Cash corporate community while embracing the core values of the company with intentions to build strong relationships with the various groups the LRC teams support
- Have a minimum of bachelor’s degree (certification(s) from professional bodies relevant to the financial services sectors a plus)
- Demonstrated experience in the identification and deployment of various software/applications relating to the legal, risk management and compliance space
- Gained experience operating effectively across globally dispersed teams
- Have demonstrated experience to independently manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, responsibilities, and competing priorities for yourself and the team
- Possess excellent written, verbal English communication and analytical skills, with the ability to articulate ideas to a diverse audience
- Be a self-driven, self-starter. We are a dedicated, hardworking team collectively motivated by our mission and vision
- Have a global mindset. Even at our small size, we have a team that represents 10+ countries, and our global footprint of customers will continue to grow
- This is a fast-growing and ever-changing environment and industry. You need to be comfortable with being uncomfortable
If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If there are any accommodations that we can provide during the interview process that help you to be confident and do your best work, don’t hesitate to let us know.