Chipper Cash is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
- We are a small team. You will be encouraged to engage in high-level technical decision making, and there will be a lot of room for growth for early hires as the company continues to expand.
- The Chipper team is truly global on a daily basis, you might be interacting with team members in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, London, Accra, Lagos, and Nairobi
- You will not be micromanaged. We have an engineering team culture centered on open-communication, honest feedback, and personal responsibility.
As a Technical Program Manager at Chipper, you will lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering knowledge. You plan requirements with internal customers and shepherd projects through the entire project and development lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and dependencies and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
The successful candidate will have previous experience and success in similar roles in rapidly growing environments. The right person is experienced and energized by leading projects with cross-functional teams and capable of managing efforts around prioritization, automation, data, operations, security, and solving challenging problems.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute technical expertise to project and process development; coordinating the delivery of initiatives across multiple dependent teams
- Develop/execute project plans, track tasks, gather requirements, and assist with prioritization
- Identify project blockers and work with Engineering and Business leaders to address
- Communicate risks, status, and timelines to stakeholders and senior management
- Manage project requirements, documentation, project tracking, and communication
- Monitor program status and communicate issues to relevant partners and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
- Maintain compliance with our security and regulatory policies
We’d like to hear from you if you
- Have experience managing technical programs and have a demonstrated ability to manage complex projects successfully
- Understand the intricacies of the development lifecycle and release management process
- Have 2+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams in a project, delivery, or strategy role
- Experience managing projects across cross-functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience operating collaboratively with engineering and business leadership and are comfortable communicating technical concepts for both audiences
- Have proven success in leading projects in a growing organization where change is an expected part of our growth trajectory
If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If there are any accommodations that we can provide during the interview process that help you to be confident and do your best work, don’t hesitate to let us know.