Chipper Cash is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
- We are a small team. You will be encouraged to engage in high-level technical decision making, and there will be a lot of room for growth for early hires as the company continues to expand.
- The Chipper team is truly global on a daily basis, you might be interacting with team members in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, London, Accra, Lagos, and Nairobi.
- You will not be micromanaged. We have an engineering team culture centered on open-communication, honest feedback, and personal responsibility.
As a Mobile Platform Engineer, you'll help build and support our flagship Chipper Cash product and entirely new products that the ecosystem has never seen before. You'll work cross functionally with various product teams to build and deliver the architecture and platform allowing us to create engaging user experiences and a best in class mobile application.
All our engineers are expected to be product focused but if you'd like to be even closer to our core products for example Cards or Crypto, checkout our other mobile role.
What You Will Be Doing
- Join a new team of engineers who will own the mobile platform with the goal of shipping the most reliable mobile app in our industry
- Be an Owner: Own the technical implementation and roadmap for the mobile platform team
- Optimize and own the mobile build infrastructure, from coding to app store releases
- Improve developer experience and tooling
- Enhance our reputation as a trusted payments brand by managing ways of measuring reliability, performance, and observability
- Craft internal libraries, and contribute to mobile architecture
- Relentlessly pursue and demonstrate best in class engineering standards
- Experience managing mobile build infrastructure & release management for iOS or Android
- Native iOS or Android Experience
- Understanding and appreciation of development tooling
- Experience in architecting a large scale mobile application
- Experience in monitoring and improving mobile app reliability and performance
What You Should Have
- Empathy for building performant experiences for folks with low end devices, low disk space and slow internet connections. With ideas on how we can monitor and continuously improve this experience
- A desired to learn and work with React Native & Typescript
- A true passion for user experience, as evidenced by an obsessive user focus, as well as an ability to render complexity down to its truest essence
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts
- A desire to work with some of our most demanding and discerning customers
- You are a champion for the customer and constantly put yourself in the shoes of your users, and strive to create an intuitive and delightful experience
About Our Tech Stack
- Fullstack Typescript
- Fully automated CI/CD using Semaphore and Github Unit testing with Jest/Mocha.
- React Native - Android / iOS application
- Monitoring with BugSnag & Amplitude
- Global state management with Redux
- Chipper UI design system powered by: Styled Components & StoryBook
- Node.js - service based architecture
- PostgreSQL application databases
- RabbitMQ for inter-server communication
- Server hosting on Heroku and Google Cloud Platform Monitoring with Datadog & Logz.io
- Snowflake for data warehousing and analysis
- Python for in-depth data analysis, transformation, and reporting
If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If there are any accommodations that we can provide during the interview process that help you to be confident and do your best work, don’t hesitate to let us know.