Chipper Cash is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
- As an individual contributor at a fast-growing early-stage technology company, in one of our most important global markets, you will have the opportunity to create a massive impact - on the company, on the product, and, most importantly, on the lives and livelihoods of our users.
- We believe that the best solution is often the simplest and that testing and measuring are the keys to unlocking exponential continuous growth.
- The Chipper team is truly global - on a daily basis, you might be interacting with team members in Accra, San Francisco, Lagos, Los Angeles, Nairobi, London, Cape Town, New York and Berlin.
- We are a small but fast-growing team. You will be encouraged to engage in impactful decision-making, and there are leadership roles available as the company continues to expand.
- Enjoy working remotely from home or coffee-shops? Pick any of the above! Our global team is fully remote and we are growing our SA team. Possible office in the near future if that's more your style.
- We have a team culture centered on open communication, honest direct feedback, and personal responsibility. You will not be micromanaged.
What You Should Have
We don’t care very much about checking boxes, such as “X years of experience” or “Familiarity with X tool” to show that you’re qualified for this role. We’re looking for a talented, passionate marketer, who draws inspiration from Chipper's mission and brings a will to win into their daily work. They enjoy owning every aspect from copywriting, field activations, user journeys, campaign and product analytics, and reporting. This is a job for "doers" not "managers", where you roll up your sleeves, sweat the details, and ship and iterate. We're big on reporting so we can learn as a team, and leverage wins in one country across the globe.
An ideal team member will be self-driven, will enjoy owning their projects, and will be able to constructively communicate with the rest of the team in order to brainstorm, disambiguate project specifications, and give (and receive) feedback on everything from writing style to performance and reporting. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who love testing ideas and learning.
What You Will Be Doing
We are looking for a South Africa Growth Marketing Manager, to join Chipper’s Growth Marketing team reporting to the VP of Growth Marketing. The position is responsible for driving growth in South Africa. You'll be responsible for successfully executing and measuring marketing campaigns across a number of channels, including but not limited to Influencers, PR, Incentives, Brand Awareness, and live events. It's important to note that while we heavily leverage digital marketing channels, that won't be your primary responsibility.
We have an exciting opportunity to reach and activate millions of South African's and will need the help of this Growth Marketing Manager for planning and executing campaigns that drive growth in new users, active users, revenue, and referrals. You will collaborate with partners across our company, including product, engineering compliance and operations teams, to develop strategies and plans in support of Chipper's marketing and business goals in South Africa.
As the South Africa - Growth Marketing Manager, you will:
- Have and source good ideas for how to best introduce Chipper to different segments of the South Africa market, including remittance senders, creatives, business owners, side hustlers, and families.
- Recruit, close, and coach influencers to create native content that drives massive results.
- Lead marketing campaigns from idea to reporting across the acquisition, activation, and retention funnel.
- Develop and execute local CSR initiatives to drive brand good will in the local community.
- Manage multiple social media campaigns from organic posting to boosted campaigns, working with internal designers and agencies to produce original content that drives engagement and reach.
- Develop campaign briefs that include detailed KPI's, budgets, and expected results.
- Report on campaigns, extract key learnings, and set actionable plans for improvement.
- Be relentlessly focused on shipping campaigns and be willing to accept tradeoffs between shipping and perfection.
- Ensure development of campaigns and testing initiatives meet planned deadlines for delivery.
- Thoroughly QA campaigns for accuracy including design, copy, audience selections, tracking URLs, and offer details.
- Deliver proofs to the team for review and sign-off.
- Run tests of different ideas and executions to find the best performing assets.
- At the end of the day, your job is to drive meaningful growth across the funnel, vanity metrics don't cut it here. We focus on Week Over Week results in order to achieve outsized returns.
What You Should Have
- Highly empathetic to the needs of our diverse user base in South Africa, across the continent and the diaspora, that depend on Chipper for personal and business finances.
- You’re a seasoned expert or an up and coming marketer with ~2 yrs of experience.
- Ideally you have worked for high growth Fintech or tech startups.
- You know what it takes to create impact.
- You're bold, you think big, and are ready to take calculated risks to catapult Chipper into the cultural zeitgeist of South Africa.
- You understand how to best use digital and offline channels to drive significant and measurable results.
- Comfortable digging into the numbers and analyzing data to producing actionable plans and insights.
- Willingness to learn how to use new tools, here at Chipper we use world class products and services to power our work.
- A fast learner that is willing to make a few mistakes along the way to learning something new.
- You will simultaneously lead multiple projects with a variety of partners, and showcase excellent problem solving and communication skills, in order to drive impact across different teams.
- Detail oriented and well-organized, you sweat the details, read the copy twice, then launch.
- An editor mindset, you constantly subtract clutter for maximum clarity.
- Ability to interface with internal teams including Marketing, Engineering, Compliance, Product and Operations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven, hyper growth startup environment.
- Ability to be flexible with project timelines.
- Manage agencies and vendors, balancing the best pricing and the best results.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic – goes the extra mile without being asked.
- Comfort with ambiguity, and an instinct for moving quickly and iterating rapidly.
If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.