Chipper Cash is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
- We are a small team. You will be encouraged to engage in high-level technical decision making, and there will be a lot of room for growth for early hires as the company continues to expand.
- The Chipper team is truly global on a daily basis, you might be interacting with team members in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, London, Accra, Lagos, and Nairobi
- You will not be micromanaged. We have an engineering team culture centered on open-communication, honest feedback, and personal responsibility.
About Our Tech Stack
- Node.js + Typescript service-based architecture
- React Native Android/iOS application
- PostgreSQL application databases
- RabbitMQ for inter-server communication
- Server hosting on Heroku and Google Cloud Platform
- Fully automated CI/CD using Heroku CI and Github
- Application monitoring with Datadog, Logz.io, and Amplitude
- Snowflake for data warehousing and analysis
- Python for in-depth data analysis, transformation, and reporting
Our Compliance Systems are at the heart of what we do at Chipper. Fighting financial crime - Keeping the bad guys out and good guys safe is incredibly important as we scale Chipper to 100m+ users across the Continent. As a Lead Software Engineer, Compliance, you'll work across various core areas of financial crime compliance such as Know Your Customer/Business (KYC/KYB), Watchlist Screening, Anti-Fraud prevention and detection, Transaction Monitoring, and Regulatory Reporting.
What You Will Be Doing
- Be An Owner: Own technical management of the Chipper Compliance Infrastructure
- Automate lots of manual checks and processes for maximum team efficiency
- Leverage AI/ML capabilities alongside the Intelligence Team to enhance and automate controls
- Digitize user interactions, controls and processes
- Build reliable, failsafe systems with automated monitoring and alerting
- Ensure data quality and completeness of user records
- Think critically about how to best scale the infrastructure to serve the next 100m+ users on the platform
What You Should Have
- Limitless curiosity, persistence and a desire to get things done
- Ability to work autonomously, in ambiguity and collaboratively
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working on on systems where data consistency and availability is required
- Demonstrated technical initiative on previous projects
- Experience managing Node.js backend services at scale
- Experience with payment and/or finance-focused technology
- Working with event driven microservices, ideally
If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If there are any accommodations that we can provide during the interview process that help you to be confident and do your best work, don’t hesitate to let us know.