Chipper Cash is Africa’s modern mobile payments platform. We’re helping friends, families and loved ones stay connected and securely send money across Africa with incredible ease and peace of mind. Our cross border payments infrastructure also helps merchants and businesses in Africa accept payments on the internet with no friction. Over 3 million users have joined so far and we’re growing very fast. We have raised a total of $52.2M from Jeff Bezos, Joe Montana and some of the most reputable fintech Venture Capital firms in the world to accelerate the growth of financial services within Africa.
Our Compliance Systems are at the heart of what we do at Chipper. Fighting financial crime - Keeping the bad guys out and good guys safe is incredibly important as we scale Chipper to 100m+ users across the Continent. As a Lead Software Engineer, Compliance, you'll work across various core areas of financial crime compliance such as Know Your Customer/Business (KYC/KYB), Watchlist Screening, Anti-Fraud prevention and detection, Transaction Monitoring, and Regulatory Reporting.
- Be An Owner: Own technical management of the Chipper Compliance Infrastructure
- Automate lots of manual checks and processes for maximum team efficiency
- Leverage AI/ML capabilities alongside the Intelligence Team to enhance and automate controls
- Digitize user interactions, controls and processes
- Build reliable, failsafe systems with automated monitoring and alerting
- Ensure data quality and completeness of user records
- Think critically about how to best scale the infrastructure to serve the next 100m+ users on the platform
- Limitless curiosity, persistence and a desire to get things done
- Ability to work autonomously, in ambiguity and collaboratively
- Strong communication skills
- Worked on systems where data consistency and availability is required
- Demonstrated technical initiative on previous projects
Great to have:
- Managing Node.js backend services at scale
- Payment / finance focused technology
- Working with event driven microservices
About Our Tech Stack
- Node.js + Typescript service-based architecture
- React Native Android/iOS application
- PostgreSQL application databases
- RabbitMQ for inter-server communication
- Server hosting on Heroku and Google Cloud Platform
- Fully automated CI/CD using Heroku CI and Github
- Application monitoring with Datadog, Logz.io, and Amplitude
- Snowflake for data warehousing and analysis
- Python for in-depth data analysis, transformation, and reporting
If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.