Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7, high-quality text-based mental health support and crisis intervention by empowering a community of trained volunteers to support people in their moments of need.
Our mission is at the intersection of empathy and innovation — we promote mental well-being for people wherever they are.
Our vision is an empathetic world where nobody feels alone.
Our core values are connected with empathy, center equity, get it done together, and reflect and evolve, these four are at the heart of all we do.
As Chief Business Development Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring the financial sustainability of the organization, in close partnership with the CEO. You will set organizational strategy to develop partnerships with corporate entities, major donors, and other key stakeholders to create diversified revenue streams and deliver value to our supporters and their communities. These partnerships enable Crisis Text Line to reach and support people in their moments of need.
We are seeking a leader who is creative, empathetic, and ethical to enable Crisis Text Line to serve more communities through leading the Business Development and Partnerships team to hit revenue goals. This role reports to the CEO.
- Create bold and innovative revenue strategies to drive growth and maintain fiscal sustainability.
- Oversee and support team efforts to secure, nurture and expand partnerships with corporations, nonprofit, government and educational entities. Support strategic relationship management to ensure strong connection with key partners.
- Ensure partnerships bring meaningful and renewable revenue, while expanding our service into diverse communities. Partner closely with client branding teams to develop strategies that serve our community of users, volunteers and supporters.
- Develop authentic relationships with philanthropic foundations and individuals to support major gifts, growth capital and programmatic funding (e.g. Spanish expansion or equity programs); support the build out of our overall strategy around philanthropy and online giving including concrete acquisition and retention plans.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to leverage efforts across departments, driving maximum impact.
- Support your team and direct reports by setting clear team and individual goals, providing consistent and actionable feedback, and intentionally supporting professional development.
- Lead, develop, and inspire the current team; attract, hire, and retain new hires.
- Actively support individual and team racial equity knowledge, and apply understanding through ongoing learning, reflecting and dialogue opportunities
- Nurture and cultivate our culture of belonging, building and managing a diverse team.
- Significant experience in a senior sales leadership roles
- Proven track record in strategic and consultative sales, navigating complex sales cycles, and selling to a variety of personas.
- People leadership experience, leading and inspiring sales, business development, and/or partnership organizations.
- Strong influencing and relationship skills with ability to authentically connect and deliver value.
- Capacity for strategic contributions beyond immediate scope of the role.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate cross functionally.
- Ability to discern and prioritize opportunities and invest in high impact pursuits.
- Expert at forecasting and high-level data analysis.
Crisis Text Line employee benefits are thoughtfully designed using an equity lens, acknowledging that we are all unique human beings with individual life circumstances that require flexibility and support.
- 20 paid holidays including:
- Federal holidays like Juneteenth and Labor Day
- Election day
- Holiday break from Dec 24 through January 1
- 2 renewal days
- 2 floating holidays
- Flexible paid time off, including:
- 15 vacation days
- 3 personal days
- 7 sick days
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for the staff member and family at no cost to the employee
- 403B retirement plan (the nonprofit equivalent of a 401K): 3% contribution by Crisis Text Line to support building financial wellness, regardless of personal contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Student loan repayment (after 2 years of continuous full time service)
- Family support through a virtual childcare platform
- Mental health (Monthly)
- Internet Service (Monthly)
- Professional Development (Annual)
- Wellness (Annual)
- Home office setup (One time/First year)