Crisis Text Line is free, 24/7 support for those in crisis. Text 741741 from anywhere in the US to text with a trained Crisis Counselor. Crisis Text Line trains volunteers to support people in crisis. With over 150 million messages processed to date, we’re growing quickly, but so is the need.
*Please Note: This position is limited only to candidates who permanently reside in Texas or Florida at this time.
Supervisors are a critical position to the success of Crisis Text Line. You will provide real-time guidance to our remote volunteer Crisis Counselors in offering the best possible quality care to our texters. You'll take conversations with texters when needed, and will assist with high-risk situations including active rescues and mandatory reports. You're fostering, supportive, and always have both the texter and the Crisis Counselor experience top of mind
Who you are a:
- Leader: You are self-motivated, have people management skills and take initiative when you see opportunities for growth.
- Expert multitasker: You are extremely focused and can effectively prioritize and monitor multiple tasks at one time in a fast paced environment.
- Effective communicator: You articulate clearly and effectively with staff and Crisis Counselors on our Platform. You stay focused and concise while being caring and positive.
- Problem-Solver: You are a critical thinker who can quickly identify problems and bring your best solutions to the table and are motivated to take action.
- A big thinker: You love to team up! You are always thinking of ways to better the quality of service to our texters and Crisis Counselors.
- Tech-Savvy: You are proficient in G-suite and are totally comfortable navigating new and exciting websites and online platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor, guide and coach volunteer Crisis Counselors’ conversations for adherence to policy and training through constructive feedback, debriefing and crisis intervention techniques
- Supervising conversations as needed to hand hold, problem solve and de-escalate directly with texters
- Work with PSAPs (Public Safety Answering Points / 911 Call Centers, state agencies) to conduct active rescues and report mandated reports.
- Partner with the coaching team to ensure Crisis Counselors are receiving the best possible support on and off the platform and are improving when needed.
- Actively engage in all aspects of this expanding, technology-based and data-focused organization dedicated to the delivery of quality crisis intervention services
- Supervise both English and Spanish conversations simultaneously.
- You have 5+ years of crisis intervention work experience beyond volunteerism accompanied by a Bachelor's degree with a human services major (social work, counseling, psychology etc).
- You have a Master’s in one of the Human Services fields (social work, counseling, psychology etc) or a Master’s degree in an unrelated field, accompanied by a Bachelor’s degree with a human services major
- Ability to work 24 hours each weekend, including Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, during morning and/or evening shifts and holidays.
- The current shift available is Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 6p-2a EST.
- You are bilingual, ie., natively fluent in English and Spanish (written & verbal).
- 20 paid holidays, including 3 floating holidays
- Generous paid time off: 15 vacation days, 3 personal days, 5 sick days
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for the staff member and family
- 403B retirement plan (the nonprofit equivalent of a 401K): 3% contribution by Crisis Text Line.
- 12 weeks paid parental leave (available after 6 months of employment)
- 4 weeks of volunteer sabbatical (after 2 years of continuous full time service)
- Mental health stipend
- Wellness stipend
- Internet service stipend
- Home office setup stipend
(benefits do not apply to interns, contractors, research collaborators, and part-time positions.)
Crisis Text Line is an equal opportunity employer. We provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who have a disability and meet the skill, experience, education, and other job-related requirements of the role to allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job.