Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7, high-quality text-based mental health support and crisis intervention by empowering a community of trained volunteers to support people in their moments of need.
Our mission is at the intersection of empathy and innovation — we promote mental well-being for people wherever they are.
Our vision is an empathetic world where nobody feels alone.
*Please Note: This position is limited only to candidates who permanently reside in Texas, Michigan, Illinois, North Carolina, or Florida at this time.
Supervisors are a critical position to the success of Crisis Text Line. You will provide real-time guidance to our remote volunteer Crisis Counselors in offering the best possible quality care to our texters. You'll take conversations with texters when needed, and will assist with high-risk situations including active rescues and mandatory reports. You're fostering, supportive, and always have both the texter and the Crisis Counselor experience top of mind
Who you are a:
- Leader: You are self-motivated, have people management skills and take initiative when you see opportunities for growth.
- Expert multitasker: You are extremely focused and can effectively prioritize and monitor multiple tasks at one time in a fast paced environment.
- Effective communicator: You articulate clearly and effectively with staff and Crisis Counselors on our Platform. You stay focused and concise while being caring and positive.
- Problem-Solver: You are a critical thinker who can quickly identify problems and bring your best solutions to the table and are motivated to take action.
- A big thinker: You love to team up! You are always thinking of ways to better the quality of service to our texters and Crisis Counselors.
- Tech-Savvy: You are proficient in G-suite and are totally comfortable navigating new and exciting websites and online platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Perform active rescues when texter safety has been identified as imminent risk
- Monitor volunteer Crisis Counselor conversations for training adherence and quality support
- Work with volunteer Crisis Counselors in providing coping skills and exercise safety protocols in high-risk situations
- Assist volunteer Crisis Counselors to identify texter needs and develop a support and plan for safety
- Ensure volunteer Crisis Counselors adherence to code of conduct and escalate if required
- Provide real time feedback on conversation quality.
- Participate in trainings and internal working groups to increase quality service delivery
- You have 3+ years of crisis intervention work experience beyond volunteerism.
- You are bilingual, ie. fluent in English and Spanish (written & verbal).
- Ability to work flex shifts as needed to meet the needs of the business outside of assigned shifts, up to 26 hours per week, including weekends, nights, and holidays.
- The current shift options available include:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday - 2:30p - 7:30p ET
Pay Rate: $25.31 per hour
Crisis Text Line employee benefits are thoughtfully designed using an equity lens, acknowledging that we are all unique human beings with individual life circumstances that require flexibility and support.
- 20 paid holidays including:
- Federal holidays like Juneteenth and Labor Day
- Election day
- Holiday break from Dec 24 through January 1
- 2 renewal days
- 2 floating holidays
- Flexible paid time off, including:
- 15 vacation days
- 3 personal days
- 7 sick days
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for the staff member and family at no cost to the employee
- 403B retirement plan (the nonprofit equivalent of a 401K): 3% contribution by Crisis Text Line to support building financial wellness, regardless of personal contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Student loan repayment (after 2 years of continuous full time service)
- Family support through a virtual childcare platform
- Mental health (Monthly)
- Internet Service (Monthly)
- Professional Development (Annual)
- Wellness (Annual)
- Home office setup (One time/First year)