We are looking for an Application/Cloud Architect (4079) to work for us remote.
This person should work in a PM2-Agile team, with the roles Architecture Owner/ Solution Architect (at least 50% of the time) and Agile Team Member (up to 50% of the time). The actual rate of each role will surely vary over time, depending on the lifecycle of the projects.
- Act as Architecture Owner (PM2-Agile) for the applications that s/he will be in charge of
- Bridge the gap between business problems and technology solution
- Support application development projects by reviewing business requirements, designing solutions as per the EC standards and advising the developers for optimal technical solutions during the application development lifecycle of an Agile project
- Architecture and design of information systems. Conducting system architecture evaluation and collaborating with the Architecture Office, Product owner, Project management and development team
- Architecture support, design, and blueprinting of Cloud native solutions
- Create and lead the process of integrating IT systems, review of the architecture of existing systems
- Design and development of architecture PoC, components and leverage the use of building block
- Continuously research emerging technologies and propose changes to the existing architecture aligned with client’s Digital Strategy
- Perform data analysis and data modelling
- Coordinate the implementation of the technical architecture with the Architecture Office and the rest the Team, favoring a collaborative approach, instead of dictating the architectural direction.
- Produce and review technical documents, including Architecture overview
- Develop applications (full stack) using the technologies / tools mentioned in the Specific Expertise section
- Perform level 2 and level 3 support tasks
- Participate in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users
- Assist during the testing deployment, evaluation and reporting
- Actively participate in standard Agile ceremonies
- Support legacy systems and/or migration of existing system to the cloud
- Mentor developers in the team by providing feedback/support to the technical tasks that have to be implemented
- Very good knowledge of Java development and design patterns (Java 8 + newer versions)
- Very good knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- Very good knowledge of Applications Design
- Very good knowledge of Business Process Analysis
- Very good knowledge of Interoperability Technology (e.g. web services (SOAP and REST), message oriented middleware, service oriented bus)
- Good knowledge of Cloud Technologies and Micro Services
- Good knowledge of Enterprise Architecture
- Good knowledge of UML diagrams and usage of Modelling Tools
- Knowledge of the CEF Building Blocks is an asset
- Experience in PKI and SSL certificates is an asset
- Knowledge of Blockchain technology, Artificial Intelligence for data analysis / Business intelligence reporting is an asset
- Ability to consult with technical advice regarding business analysis, project management, IT architecture, infrastructure, security, technology and software architecture design
- Ability to consult security architecture, data architecture, application experts, and provide optimal solution options for project decision making
- Capability to write clear and structured technical documents: technical architecture document, process diagrams
- Good understanding of Agile Values and Principles
- Good understanding of Agile planning and estimating
- Good knowledge about key Agile ceremonies like Iteration Review, Iteration planning and Iteration retrospective.
- Good understanding of relative and absolute estimates
- Ability to participate in Planning poker sessions and provide relevant inputs
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptability - Ability to easily adapt to changes
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Proactive attitude
- Good redaction skills
- Ability to apply high quality standards
Due to the particular nature of client, candidates should also have the following non-technical skills:
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team
- Ability to make presentations to Member State Authorities, excellent communicator.
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on multiple large projects
- Excellent Team Player
- Ability to understand, speak and write in English C1; French at level B1 or higher will be an advantage
- High degree of discretion and integrity is required
SPECIFIC EXPERTISE- mandatory
- At least 5 years of experience in Java development and Spring framework.
- At least 5 years of experience in Weblogic and/or Tomcat application servers.
- At least 5 years of experience in Oracle Databases and SQL.
- At least 5 years of experience in CI/CD like Sonar, Maven, GIT, Jenkins and/or Bamboo.
- At least 3 years of experience in Solution Architecture.
- At least 3 years of experience in development of SOAP and REST (XML, XSD) webservices.
- At least 3 years of experience in Angular.
- At least 3 years of experience in development of AWS cloud native solutions using MicroServices, Infrastructure as Code and ELK stack or Amazon OpenSearch.
CERTIFICATIONS & STANDARDS
The following certifications will be considered as an asset:
- Certified DevSecOps Professional (CDP) certification.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
- Certified Java developer
- Certified Scrum Developer / Pro Scrum Developer / SAFe for Architects / PM²-Agile
The following documents / procedures will be requested to successfully complete the hiring process
- A copy of your university degree(s)
- A copy of your criminal record
- Security Clearance Procedure
EU-Nationality is mandatory for most of our job openings, but for some of them we can, also, take into consideration CVs, that acquire work permit in the location where the client is or the job should be performed
WHO ARE WE?
VASS (https://vasscompany.com/en/) is a leading digital solutions group of companies headquartered in Madrid, Spain, present in 26 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia with more than 4,700 professionals
VASS helps large companies in their digital transformation process, developing and executing the most innovative and scalable projects, from strategy to operations.
All our growth comes from our talented people, passion for innovation, and a constant search for improvement, always the VASS way: “Complex made simple”.