- Deploy the VM Ware infrastructure.
- Guide the deployment till completion
- Participate, on a punctual basis, on specific project tasks related to her/his specialty.
- The VMWare Engineer must have good interpersonal skills and must be a team player.
Mandatory : EU-Secret clearance ill be initiated
- Implements, maintains and adapts the configuration of the VM Ware Infrastructure;
- Advises the project team and the customer in areas such as availability management, capacity management, contingency planning, configuration management, replacement/upgrade of outdated equipment/software, and other relevant tasks related to the role and the domain of VMWare;
- Maintains the relevant documentation/manuals/procedures describing VMWare and their infrastructure of the customer;
- Provides input in order to organize regular knowledge transfer sessions.
- Bachelor or University degree in IT or equivalent by valid professional IT certifications in the domain of administration/operations of VMWare.
- VMWare Certified Professional (Specialization: Data Center Virtualization) VCP6-DCV
- English proficient (CEFRL Level: Minimum B2, Ideally C1)
- Preferable 2nd language: French and/or Dutch
Employment and technical requirements :
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the specific ICT domains as described below
- At least 3 years’ experience with VMWare version V6;
- In depth knowledge of server virtualization software (VMware vSphere, VMware ESX) and server clustering techniques (VMware);
- Able to interpret capacity/performance numbers/reports based on the usage of a VMware environment and act accordingly to improve/optimize performance.
- In depth knowledge, to support, install and design VMWare environments;
- In depth knowledge of VMware virtual networking and understanding how to design/implement/adapt.
- Able to configure identity and access management (Windows Active Directory and LDAP) and centralized IT security policy management;
- Linux Redhat (preferable knowledge)
- Work shifts of 8 hours covering the time range between 08h30 and 18h30 from Monday to Friday with some flexibility required when overtime is exceptionally needed.