COHO Consulting Group is seeking a Nondestructive (ND) Tester to join our team in support of a contract at Robins AFB in Warner Robins, GA. ND Testers inspect aerospace components, parts, and materials by applying the full range of ultrasonic, eddy current, and/or radiographic and magnetic particle-liquid penetrant nondestructive inspection (NDI) techniques.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- The use of the full range of ultrasonic, eddy-current, and/or radiographic testing (x-ray), and magnetic particle-liquid penetrant inspection and testing processes. The set up and operation of equipment to examine a variety of parts, components, or material to detect hidden subsurface flaws, corrosion and separation in bonded and honeycomb structures and the interpretation of test results to determine if items are acceptable, repairable, or should be rejected.
- Identify, locate, and measure hidden and subsurface flaws, corrosion, and separation in bonded and honeycomb structures, and the integrity of welds, precision dimensional and volume measurements, and hardness of materials.
- Apply magnetic particle and/or liquid penetrant inspection to detect and interpret the relevancy of flaws in a variety of parts. Parts are numerous and varied, and are of ferrous and/or nonferrous metals, and consist of surface or near surface discontinuities in the metal such as fatigue cracks, welding overlap, cold shut, or surface cracks that may stem from internal flaws, such as pipes, inclusions, or forging.
- Technical degree in a related field and/or relevant NDT experience
- Required Knowledge/Experience:
- 2 years as a certified NDT L1 inspector
- Experience with training, personnel testing and auditing NDT systems
- Experience that includes a background in establishing NDT and general quality systems and NDT methods
- Knowledge of aerospace manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of the various shapes, sizes, and density of flaw indications in parts being
- The ability to read and interpret quality control directives, engineering drawings, NDI literature, and technical orders concerning nondestructive testing methods and procedures, and the ability to make repairs and adjustments to equipment and instruments.
- The ability to follow technical orders, engineering drawings, technical data, workbooks, and NDI literature to determine inspection requirements and area(s) to be examined.
- Ability to make independent determinations during the inspection process to select the inspection technique required and the calibration procedure; and evaluate defects, their nature, size, scope, and exact locations, and independently determine if the article should be accepted or rejected.
About Copper River & The Native Village of Eyak:
Owned by the Native Village of Eyak (NVE), a federally recognized Alaska Native Tribe, the Copper River Family of Companies are a collection of entities that deliver a complementary set of solutions and services to support the diverse missions and requirements of our clients. Proud participants of the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) 8(a) Business Development Program since 2006, our companies consist of both current and graduation SBA 8(a) entities. It is our collective purpose to support the Tribe and diversify the NVE’s ability to facilitate economic advancement.
The income generated from our companies helps the Native Village of Eyak fund health and social services, economic development, natural resource/environmental education, jobs, job training, and other benefits to the NVE in a manner that is consistent with Alaskan Native cultural values and traditions.
Copper River’s Culture
The Copper River Family of Companies has a positive, supportive, and thriving culture. At the foundation of our culture is a focus on collaboration. No matter your role or which operating company you work for, we are ONE TEAM working toward the same goals for our customers and for our collective owner- The Native Village of Eyak. How we treat each other is just as important as the work we deliver.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Open leave policy and paid holidays
- Additional benefits including tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, regular associates at Copper River.
The Copper River Family of Companies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.