COHO Consulting Group is seeking an Aircraft Survival Flight Equipment Technician to join our team in support of a contract at Robins AFB in Warner Robins, GA. The AC Survival Technician includes functions involved in disassembling, repairing, troubleshooting, examining, modifying, maintaining, installing, and determining serviceability of aircraft survival and flight equipment such as parachutes, life rafts, protective devices, oxygen masks, and anti-G-suits.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Duties include operational and circuit checks of emergency signaling and communication devices such as survival radios and beacons
- Manages and performs scheduled inspections, maintenance, and adjustments of assigned aircrew flight equipment utilizing associated supplies and inventory assets
- Inspects, maintains, packs and adjusts flight equipment such as flight helmets, oxygen masks, parachutes, flotation devices, medical first aid kits, helmet mounted devices, aircrew eye and respiratory protective equipment, protective oxygen masks, anti-exposure assemblies, flight coverall and types of aircrew flight equipment
- Repairs fabric and rubber components, including protective clothing, flotation equipment and parachutes
- Evaluates problems and determines feasibility of repair or replacement capability related to assigned flight equipment
- Evaluates work orders for fabrication of authorized items
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Required Knowledge/Experience:
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical repair, maintenance procedures, pyrotechnic/explosive devices, and aircraft egress systems
- Familiarity with aircraft assigned to unit, detailed knowledge of the operation and characteristics of aircraft survival and flight equipment, and the ability to demonstrate and explain proper usage and operation of the equipment
About Copper River & The Native Village of Eyak:
Owned by the Native Village of Eyak (NVE), a federally recognized Alaska Native Tribe, the Copper River Family of Companies are a collection of entities that deliver a complementary set of solutions and services to support the diverse missions and requirements of our clients. Proud participants of the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) 8(a) Business Development Program since 2006, our companies consist of both current and graduation SBA 8(a) entities. It is our collective purpose to support the Tribe and diversify the NVE’s ability to facilitate economic advancement.
The income generated from our companies helps the Native Village of Eyak fund health and social services, economic development, natural resource/environmental education, jobs, job training, and other benefits to the NVE in a manner that is consistent with Alaskan Native cultural values and traditions.
Copper River’s Culture
The Copper River Family of Companies has a positive, supportive, and thriving culture. At the foundation of our culture is a focus on collaboration. No matter your role or which operating company you work for, we are ONE TEAM working toward the same goals for our customers and for our collective owner- The Native Village of Eyak. How we treat each other is just as important as the work we deliver.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Open leave policy and paid holidays
- Additional benefits including tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, regular associates at Copper River.
The Copper River Family of Companies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.