COHO Consulting Group is seeking a Plastic Fabricator to join our team in support of a contract at Robins AFB in Warner Robins, GA. Plastic Fabricators plan, lay out, modify, and fabricate unconventional, one-of-a kind items for one-time projects, to support experimental, developmental, or testing activities. They may work in close coordination with scientists and engineers in determining the most feasible materials and means of manufacturing items that typically have numerous compound curves and intersecting compound angles.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Receive specifications of the desired final product from the supervisor. Fabricators apply originality and ingenuity in devising changes to methods, materials, and processes to solve fabrication, assembly, design, and related problems.
- May involve manufacturing prototype models of missiles, wings, ship hulls, or full body casts.
- Apply mathematics to calculate loads, fits, sizes, and weights not provided in instructions and blueprints to overcome design flaws and lay out more complex items
- Fabricate items to extremely close tolerances
- Make special jigs and fixtures for holding, machining, and curing irregularly shaped parts and set up and operate trade tools, equipment, and measuring instruments to fabricate complex components.
- Adapting shop practices, methods, and procedures for use in unorthodox processes to fit new projects
- Establishing manufacturing procedures for newly developed compound materials by experimenting with various manufacturing techniques, curing times, temperatures, and pressures
- Recommending changes to established methods to simplify the manufacturing process, improve the functional characteristics of the item, and establish realistic fabrication requirements
- Planning and laying out items with hard-to-define reference points
- Manufacturing master patterns and molds with numerous compound curves and intersecting compound angles.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Required Knowledge/Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Extensive knowledge of the properties and machining characteristics of a variety of composite or plastic materials.
- Physical Requirements:
- Workers frequently stand, stoop, bend, kneel, reach, and work in uncomfortable positions. They frequently lift and carry materials and equipment weighing less than 50 pounds
About Copper River & The Native Village of Eyak:
Owned by the Native Village of Eyak (NVE), a federally recognized Alaska Native Tribe, the Copper River Family of Companies are a collection of entities that deliver a complementary set of solutions and services to support the diverse missions and requirements of our clients. Proud participants of the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) 8(a) Business Development Program since 2006, our companies consist of both current and graduation SBA 8(a) entities. It is our collective purpose to support the Tribe and diversify the NVE’s ability to facilitate economic advancement.
The income generated from our companies helps the Native Village of Eyak fund health and social services, economic development, natural resource/environmental education, jobs, job training, and other benefits to the NVE in a manner that is consistent with Alaskan Native cultural values and traditions.
Copper River’s Culture
The Copper River Family of Companies has a positive, supportive, and thriving culture. At the foundation of our culture is a focus on collaboration. No matter your role or which operating company you work for, we are ONE TEAM working toward the same goals for our customers and for our collective owner- The Native Village of Eyak. How we treat each other is just as important as the work we deliver.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Open leave policy and paid holidays
- Additional benefits including tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, regular associates at Copper River.
The Copper River Family of Companies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.