Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an Automation Technician to join our skilled maintenance and facilities engineering team. The Automation Technician’s primary responsibility is the safe and continual operation of automated packaging, processing, extraction and other automated equipment. The Automation Technician will be responsible for the preventative maintenance of the processing and packaging equipment, as well as any daily equipment/operational issues that may occur with the equipment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Maintain, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, install, and perform preventative maintenance on industrial processing, packaging, and automated equipment.
- Safely repairs, inspects, troubleshoots, and ensures proper operation of processing and packaging equipment throughout the facilities.
- Performs maintenance, disassembly, repair, replacement or adjustment of various equipment in accordance with technical specifications and engineering instructions.
- Performs set-up and changeover of packaging equipment.
- Interpret technical data – blueprints, manufacturers manuals and specifications.
- Ensure all production documentation is maintained timely and accurately.
- At the direction of the Automation Technician Supervisor, partner with operations and production teams to ensure scheduled downtime and proper maintenance of equipment.
- Support the Automation Technician Supervisor in ensuring the training of other support employees assigned to the packaging line.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 3+ years of experience inspecting, troubleshooting, performing complex repairs, and or installing high speed packaging and processing equipment.
- Proficient with lockout tagout procedures (LOTO) and other OSHA safety standards as required.
- Proficiency and expertise with automated packaging equipment
- Ability to read machine prints and perform machine repair
- Automation related technical certification (preferred)
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.