Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Vice President of Automation will be responsible for developing and executing the automation strategy across our multi-state enterprise’s operational functions which includes cultivation, manufacturing, packaging / pack out operations, supply chain, retail and all back-office activities. This position will manage and optimize currently deployed solutions as well as scope, source, select and commission new solutions. This includes developing and shaping facility level maintenance and personnel strategies to ensure proper operation and maintenance of commissioned solutions / equipment. In addition, this person will be responsible for managing, directing and evolving the internal automation team
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Assess the current state of the enterprise’s operational functions to determine areas of opportunity for automation.
- Develop the strategy and roadmap for automation solutioning across operational functions aimed at standardizing solutions based on the near and long-term needs of the business and optimizing costs.
- Manage and optimize currently deployed solutions by implementing improvements to existing automation systems and standardizing best practices across our growing network of U.S. manufacturing facilities.
- Scope, source, select and commission new solutions.
- Develop and deploy preventative maintenance programs to optimize equipment performance and useful life.
- Lead, direct and develop the centralized Automation team and assist in developing facility level automation personnel resourcing strategies.
- Continuously assesses the status of the enterprise’s automated solutions and procedures to ensure safety, quality, and compliance measures exceed standards.
- Ensure that employee safety and health, product safety, product quality, and sustainability are appropriately engineered into every project.
- Stay abreast of evolving automation solutions and assess their fit within the enterprise’s operating environment. Keep current with industry trends and new automation technology – assess fit within the enterprise’s operating environment, maintain communication with team and organizational leadership on findings.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships including but not limited to Operations, Quality, Sales and Marketing to facilitate and deliver new products to the market.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with 3rd Party suppliers and contractors.
- Identify and apply meaningful and attainable KPIs to continuously measure the efficiency of the enterprise’s automation solutions and operations.
- Regularly communicate KPI results, project progress, and relevant financial health indicators to executive leadership.
- Educate & train enterprise employees on automation equipment, concepts and solutions in an effort to ensure preparedness for solution deployment and elevate enterprise capabilities.
- Serve as a key leader and ambassador for building and evolving the Supply Chain organization’s brand both internally and externally.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or Operations Management required.
- 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing automation strategy, preferably in a highly regulated environment
- 7+ years’ experience leading large teams in lean manufacturing practices/procedures
- Must possess a passion for all things Automation and demonstrated operational tenacity in an environment where building, not maintaining, functional capabilities was required.
- Working knowledge of cGMP in a CPG manufacturing environment preferred
- Proficient understanding of technical drawings and specifications
- Experience with the design and application of ergonomic and machine safety standards
- Strong ability to develop and lead a team along with the proven ability to build strong cross-functional relationships to influence and advance strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience being an agent of change and being adaptable and open to change in response to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and implementing key performance metrics for enterprise automation solutions.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and in front of large groups
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Green / Black Belt certification a plus.
Cresco Labs is proud to offer eligible employees a robust offering of benefits including, major medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(K)-match program, FSA/HSA programs, LTD/STD options, life insurance and AD&D. We also offer eligible employees paid holidays and paid time off. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonuses, stock options as well as participation in our employee discount program. Benefits eligibility for permanent positions may vary by full-time or part-time roles, location, or position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- While performing the duties of this position the employee is frequently required to stand and walk and stoop or kneel; and regularly required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms; communicate clearly and effectively.
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.