Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Manager, External Reporting to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. The Manager, External Reporting will report to the Senior Director of External Reporting & Consolidations and will be a key contributor to the company’s external reporting process. This will include annual and quarterly external filings and other filings as required under Canadian Securities Regulations and the SEC. The External Reporting Manager will also have oversight of several complex accounting areas. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements and footnote disclosures, MD&A, proxy statements and earnings releases
- Support accounting and research for stock-based compensation, earnings per share, and other equity transactions
- Participate in implementation and improvement of financial reporting systems
- Assist in the preparation of internal documents including presentations for the Audit Committee and Disclosure Committee
- Perform accounting research and prepare or review accounting memos on various complex accounting transactions
- Coordinate with external parties in the filing process, including coordination of timetables and communication with external auditors
- Maintain effective internal controls and establish processes, policies and procedures
- Participate in special projects and ad-hoc requests as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years of accounting experience (public accounting and/or external reporting at a publicly traded company preferred)
- CPA required
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Experience with financial and reporting systems preferred (e.g., Hyperion, BPC, Workiva)
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS and public company disclosure requirements preferred
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Ability to thrive within a post-start up, fast-paced, global public company environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change; able to act as a change agent
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
Cresco Labs requires that all corporate employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before September 30, 2021. If you are offered and accept a position, you will be required to prove your vaccination status prior to when your employment begins. If you require a medical or religious accommodation with regard to vaccination, please let us know once you receive an offer of employment (if applicable).
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.