Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Materials Manager to join our Supply Chain team in Marshall, MI. In this role, you will direct the material functions in a high volume, team-oriented environment. You will be responsible for the overall control and movement of materials, including planning, procurement, storage, distribution, scheduling, and inventory of raw materials and finished good products.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Oversee all processes and programs as it relates to inventory management, purchasing, receiving, and distribution operations
- Manage scheduling and procurement to ensure material availability to meet weekly and daily pack out schedules
- Develop methods and policies that contribute to the most efficient, safe and economical movement of materials throughout our facilities and network
- Ensure adherence to compliant inventory movements, transfers and record keeping
- Plan and organize material handling and warehousing functions to best utilize resources, optimize material flows, and mitigate stock out risk
- Participate in facility and state sales and operational forecasting, establishing future pre-production plans
- Manage cycle count and physical inventory cadences to ensure inventory accuracy
- Develop and present monthly metrics
- Participate in network inventory management, including product lifecycle, turns, aging stock, redesign impacts, and obsolescence
- Mentor and develop individuals across Supply Chain functions
- Investigate and pursue benchmark opportunities, both within cannabis and CPG environments
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years’ experience in Materials Management, Inventory, Distribution or Supply Chain leadership
- Demonstrated people leadership experience
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing processes
- Excellent ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with business partners, including senior leadership
- Systems familiarity, including ERP & WMS
- Knowledge of developing and implementing SOPs
- Intermediate user of MS Office suite
- APICS certification a plus
- Experience in a highly regulated industry preferred
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.