Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist to join our growing team. The EHS Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Safety supporting the development and implementation of the company-wide safety programs. You will ensure all company operations comply with local, state, and federal health and safety regulations and standards. You will educate employees on best safety practices and advise employees on safety performance improvements.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Participates in the development and implementation of corporate-wide safety programs such as Hazardous Communication, Lockout/Tagout, Respiratory Protection, Fire Prevention and other OSHA safety compliance programs.
- Advises functional areas regarding safety protocols and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance with local, state, and federal agencies.
- Conducts routine and follow-up safety and hazard inspections of corporate facilities.
- Responds to emergency situations involving employee injury and property damage incidents; prepares reports of findings and submits recommendations.
- Leads and implements a learning culture through lessons learned from near miss reporting, safety observations, incident investigations and other learning forums.
- Develops cost effective approaches to achieve compliance with HSE issues.
- Assist project team members with all safety concerns from the field.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Facilitates safety committee meetings and other employee engagement initiatives
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, public health, engineering, construction, occupational safety and health, or related field
- 1-3 years previous experience in comprehensive workplace safety and compliance programs
- Solid knowledge of state and local statutes and ordinances on fire safety and prevention, respiratory protection, hazardous chemicals, building, electrical, noise pollution and the environment
- Preferred knowledge of 29 CFR 1910
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Outlook, and Excel)
- Up-to-date on latest local and state regulation and guideline changes
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Willing and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Maintain flexibility to travel to HQ and locations throughout the region as necessary
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.