Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an Accounts Receivable Lead to join our Accounts Receivable team in Chicago, IL. This position will report to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor and will be the initial point of contact for providing direction, training and support to the AR team. This individual will also be responsible for collections and generating, analyzing, summarizing and distributing AR aging, credit and collection, operational analyses and KPI reports. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who has significant Accounts Receivable, Credit, Collections and Cash application experience, is highly organized, a strong communicator, takes initiative, is detailed-oriented, and has strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Initial point of contact for AR team providing direction, training, and support.
- Respond to customer and internal business partner requests, including escalations.
- Reconcile complex customer balances to ensure accuracy and alignment with the customer.
- Ensure customer statements and demand letters are sent to customers and appropriate follow up is completed.
- Ensure records (electronic and paper) invoices, manifests and payments are filed and easily retrievable
- Generate, summarize, analyze and distribute the AR aging, credit and collection, operational analyses and KPI reports.
- Assist with ad-hoc requests from customers, Accounting, Sales, Audit, and project teams.
- Perform collection calls and emails on assigned portfolio of customers
- Support escalated dispute and credit and collection activities including contacting customers via email and phone and collecting payment for past-due invoices.
- Build partnerships and collaborate cross functionally with AR team, Sales, Customer Service, and Finance.
- Adhoc reporting requests and projects as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or business-related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years AR lead experience that includes training, supporting staff, internal business partners and interaction with a large customer base.
- Experience with financial accounting and ERP systems (SAP, Sage Intacct, and QuickBooks preferred).
- Proficient in MS Excel (vlookups, pivot tables) and MS Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, priority setting, and problem-solving abilities.
Cresco Labs requires that all corporate employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before September 30, 2021. If you are offered and accept a position, you will be required to prove your vaccination status prior to when your employment begins. If you require a medical or religious accommodation with regard to vaccination, please let us know once you receive an offer of employment (if applicable).
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.