Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Senior Manager, Payroll oversees company wide payrolls and handles all aspects of preparing and distributing employees' payments. This includes maintaining payroll records, calculating taxes, balancing payroll accounts, overseeing other members of the payroll staff, and reporting to the Director of Shared Services Accounting.
- Lead payroll strategy, implementation of policies and serve as the subject matter expert in payroll for the organization. Drive change management to ensure successful adoption of payroll practices.
- In conjunction with the payroll manager, ensure team performance and deliverables are being met on a timely basis. Establish SOPs and a payroll playbook.
- Ensure complaint and accurate processing of payroll and delivery of key payroll reporting to assist in the monthly and quarterly reporting cycle.
- Lead payroll tax compliance efforts and support internal and external audits as needed.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders (such as HR, Accounting, Finance, IT, business functions, and external service providers)
- In conjunction with the Director of Shared Services Accounting identify areas of improvement to enable a rapid scale of growth while improving stakeholder experience with payroll.
- Assist in other Accounting Shared Services priorities
- Assist in equity program administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s in business related field (Accounting, Business Administration), Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or CPA preferred.
- Experience leading a payroll function for 5,000+ employees
- 10+ years in Payroll leadership, for a multi-state US company, Canadian payroll experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate financial related information to a wide audience.
- Experience with an HRIS system (ADP, Ultimate Software, Kronos, Ceridian, Workday)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and is flexible with changing priorities.
Cresco Labs requires that all corporate employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before September 30, 2021. If you are offered and accept a position, you will be required to prove your vaccination status prior to when your employment begins. If you require a medical or religious accommodation with regard to vaccination, please let us know once you receive an offer of employment (if applicable).
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.