Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Lab’s Lab Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and running optimum day-to-day lab operations to meet our patients, customers, and company expectations. This individual will be the cultural guidepost for the lab staff working to direct, develop, and support staff. The Lab Manager will be tasked with working cross-functionally to ensure production goals are met and all products are manufactured within specifications. The applicant must be proficient with various extraction methods and capable of operating and maintaining extraction equipment and machinery. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast paced environment with company that is growing fast, constantly evolving, and full of exciting challenges.
- Uphold the highest standard of safety and compliance within the lab and enforce the same standard among direct reports
- Responsible for the execution of Cresco Labs manufacturing SOPS, Work Instructions, and Manufacturing Formulas
- Responsible for proper training of all lab staff
- Responsible for manufacturing schedule adherence
- Ensure that reporting staff understand the shared accountabilities for goals and priorities
- Accurately track production and use of raw materials utilized in producing our finished goods
- Ensure team has all required materials and supplies for production
- Delegate manufacturing tasks to supervisors and manufacturing technicians
- Responsible for equipment maintenance
- Ensure adherence to cleaning and sanitation protocols
- Biomass extraction with hydrocarbons and ethanol
- Oil post processing including filtration, winterization, and distillation
- Respond to all supervisor and manufacturing technician’s questions, concerns, or suggestions and take action when necessary, to resolve conflicts
- Ensures consistency and efficacy of product
- Oversee third party and in-house product testing
- 5+ years experience working in a lab environment
- 2+ years experience managing large teams in a lab setting
- 2+ years experience in cannabis hydrocarbon, ethanol, or solventless extraction
- Proficient in MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Experience in data entry, data management ideal
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and product-related information in a professional consultative manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all organizational levels
- Must maintain a high level of integrity, personal motivation, and sense of urgency
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.