Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a highly organized Harvest Manager to oversee day-to-day functions of the harvest areas. This includes overseeing everything from the time the plants are de-leafed and cut to the time they are cured and transferred. The Harvest Manager will work closely with operations as well as manage all harvest agents to ensure that all processes, training requirements, schedules, policies and procedures are followed, and that the harvest production goals are met.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for managing harvest staff, schedules, payroll, harvest processes, arrangement of deliveries, inventory, and vendor relations
- Plans, coordinates, and oversees the transition of product development by ensuring the proper tasks are executed and the environmental conditions support the harvest of superior product quality
- Approve batches of harvested cannabis for processing
- Serves as a role-model and resource for harvest staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations
- Responds to all agent questions, concerns, or suggestions and takes action when necessary to resolve conflicts
- Responsible for delegating tasks to harvest agents in order to maintain a compliant and clean harvest area
- Coordinates with the upper management team to ensure accurate information is communicated to the harvest staff
- Ensures proper documentation of all applicable activities in accordance with the State and standards set by Cresco Labs, including employee records, material receipts, crop records, etc.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in plant biology, physiology, biological sciences, or agricultural sciences, or demonstrated experience supervising a large-scale agriculture facility
- OSHA certified in Safety training preferred
- Demonstrated personnel supervisor experience
- Knowledge of plant cultivation and cultivation facility operations, including topping procedures, weeding out bad clones, and keeping a uniform canopy
- Critical-thinking, problem-solving, planning and assessment
- Computer literacy in word processing, database management, windows-based software and point of sale applications
- Knowledge of medical cannabis policy and law
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Effective time-management and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel, and lift to 50 lbs
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.