Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting in reporting and reconciliation of accounting functions. This individual will analyze financial statements to find and resolve any discrepancies. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is highly organized with great attention to detail.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Assist with month-end close and other operational accounting processes (bank reconciliations, fixed assets, travel and expense) as needed on an ongoing basis
- Prepare journal entries for the monthly financial close
- Prepare schedules and packages for monthly, quarterly, and annual internal and external financial reporting and compliance purposes
- Assist with documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assist with implementation of additional accounting modules and add on reporting systems
- Assist with the continuous improvement of processes and procedures as company expands into new and established markets
- Support the year-end financial audit and tax preparation process with external auditors
- Work cross functionally with company departments and external partners
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field required
- 1 – 2 years accounting experience (public accounting or relevant corporate accounting experience preferred)
- CPA desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Experience with financial accounting systems (Intacct and SAP helpful)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
Cresco Labs requires that all corporate employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before September 30, 2021. If you are offered and accept a position, you will be required to prove your vaccination status prior to when your employment begins. If you require a medical or religious accommodation with regard to vaccination, please let us know once you receive an offer of employment (if applicable).
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.