Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Corporate Automation Engineer to support our commercial manufacturing process and production expansion, as well as ongoing operations. This position will be responsible for providing full life-cycle support of automation systems within our operations related to the manufacture of cannabis products. This will include but is not limited to designing automated process systems, specifying individual equipment and componentry, working with third-party vendors, and participating in startup/commissioning assignments to validate equipment. Additional responsibilities include supporting process improvement, capacity utilization improvement and finally, ensuring operational objectives and timelines are met in support of corporate initiatives.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Develop innovative, timely, and cost-effective automation solutions that align and improve on existing packaging lines
- Review technical engineering drawings and specifications
- Optimize KPIs relating to packaging and automation optimization, including Overall Equipment Effectiveness, and develop and implement procedures and systems to monitor and optimize performance of systems
- Implement automation preventative maintenance programs to optimize equipment performance
- Define critical process parameters, operational ranges and acceptance for quality assurance and process validation activities
- Coordinate activities and project deliverables across operations
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical and/or program issues
- Assist the Senior Director of Corporate Engineering in review of contracts and proposals
- Manage State specific design packages, materials and equipment purchases:
- Sourcing (including ROI packages)
- Maintaining vendor relations.
- Prepare, review, and approve specifications and scope of work
- Support automation engineering standardization initiatives within Cresco operations in all markets
- Serve as the main point of contact between Cresco and external parties on projects to advance design engineering phase, maintain budgets and timelines, and ensure equipment specifications are met
- Support Facility Project Engineers with equipment manufacturer communications and vendor management
- Collaborate with Facility maintenance and engineering team members as required to prepare and submit Change Orders; and
- Conduct various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects – including Factory Acceptance Testing and Site Acceptance Testing. Actively participate in equipment validation and qualification
- Organize and provide training for operations and engineering employees on procedures and equipment relevant to packaging and automation
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- BS in mechanical, industrial or manufacturing engineering or 4-6 years relevant technical experience
- Experience developing, reviewing, redlining, and approving automation engineering specifications
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Proficient with Solidworks, AutoCAD, or other design software
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical guidelines (GMP, GDP, ASTM)
- Experience working with automated manufacturing and processing lines preferred
- 3-5 years automation engineering experience within manufacturing or CPG industry preferred
- Familiarity with automation controls and PLC programming preferred
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.