Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a full time Operations Manager for our Marshall facility. The Operations Manager will oversee facility functions including Processing, Packaging, Manufacturing, Food Production, and Order Fulfillment to ensure consistent delivery of products for our customers and a culture of continuous improvement. This includes maintaining schedule adherence and throughput, setting expectations for all personnel on duty and providing support as needed to ensure all performance goals are met. This individual will serve as an important resource for identifying synergies across the facility and promoting behaviors that meet Cresco's mission to normalize and professionalize the cannabis industry.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Lead operational management teams by making data driven decisions that ensure collaboration within the site and drive cross-departmental efficiencies
- Partner with Quality, Safety, and Compliance to ensure facilities are maintained to state regulatory, OSHA, and Cresco quality standards
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day operations to ensure no interruptions in production
- Create strategies to improve the efficiencies between Operations and Supply Chain, Food Production, Laboratory, Sales, IT, Accounting and HR
- Manage the overall welfare of the team; i.e. provide training and coaching and lead by example; attract, retain, and motivate staff
- Lead meetings with the management team to discuss supply/demand, new projects, and upcoming information
- Report and share information with the Facility Director, Master Scheduler, and management staff to ensure they are kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and important factors influencing it
- Works with operations staff to ensure all KPIs are being met or exceeded
- Coaches the operations team to establish performance measures to achieve designated objectives and deliver business results
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Management or Supply Chain
- 2-5 years’ experience in Cannabis operations/production/manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Experience leading/mentoring large cross-functional teams, preferred
- Experience in a warehouse setting, production line environment, GMP/SQF/OSHA/ISO
- Proficiency in Windows based software, especially MS Excel; ability and interest in learning seed-to-sale tracking system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Comfortable in a start-up environment - willingness and interest to roll up sleeves
- Proven experience in creating systems and processes
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.