Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will be responsible for developing and executing DE&I efforts companywide to promote a culture that represents and welcomes people from all walks of life. This individual will interface with all levels of leadership and facilitate long-term, sustainable strategies to drive transparent and attainable goals across the organization. These efforts will tie directly into various initiatives both internally and externally, and the ideal individual will be proactive in identifying and executing new partnership opportunities.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Further defines and implements Cresco’s DE&I strategy while also identifying corresponding measurable KPIs to assess progress, articulating key results and areas of opportunity
- Partners with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment and proper resources/support for meeting and achieving DE&I goals and initiatives, incorporating the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion into all aspects of our operations such as hiring, selection process for vendors and community partners, customer collaborations, etc.
- Collaborates with HR and Talent Acquisition teams to attract and retain diverse workforces across our multi-state operations to fulfill state and local commitments and build a culture of inclusion that respects and encourages differences of ideas and opinions.
- Understands HR practices across the organization and ensures policies and processes support DE&I efforts through all stages of the employee life cycle
- Employs training and development opportunities for all staff to promote high cultural competency within all functions and levels of the organization
- Builds and oversees team of DE&I professionals that provide mentoring opportunities to ensure equitable career advancement opportunities for all
- Articulates the connection between organization success and diversity; uses these connections to further build Cresco Lab’s DE&I platform
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Community & Civic Engagement, Communications, or applicable field; Master’s degree a plus
- 10+ years managing a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion program across a complex, multi-site organization
- 5+ years successfully coaching and mentoring large teams
- Proven ability to understand the needs of team members from various experiences
- Cultural competency that encompasses multicultural awareness, knowledge, and skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Understanding of and commitment to upholding Cresco Lab’s cultural values
- Proven ability to manage numerous projects, as well as resources, remotely
- Proven ability to build trust with external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a wide range of audiences
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.