Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor to join our growing manufacturing team. Our Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the production processes and ensuring the safety of manufacturing agents during manufacturing operations; oversight of day-to-day functions of the manufacturing production areas; managing all production agents; ensuring that the production agents are qualified, possess appropriate education, training, and experience; ensuring that all manufacturing agents perform their job duties in such a manner as to provide assurance that the cannabis-infused product has the identity, purity, strength, and composition that is represented on the label; creation of master production formulas for each product and entry into the ADP/POS system; approving products for packaging, labeling, and sale after receiving passing test results from the Department-approved laboratory; and ensuring that all company processes, policies and procedures are followed, and that the manufacturing production goals are met.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for overseeing the packaging and processing staff, facility schedules, production processes, inventory, and vendor relations
- Serves as a role-model and resource for extraction, packaging, and processing staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations
- Respond to all agent questions, concerns, or suggestions and takes action when necessary to resolve conflicts
- Responsible for overseeing the delegation of tasks to packaging and processing agents in order to maintain a compliant and clean facility
- Coordinate with the upper management team to ensure accurate information and documentation is provided
- Ensure compliance with all state laws and regulations regarding packaging and processing. Coordinate inventory tracking procedures with the inventory manager
- Maintain accurate records of all packaging and processing activities including employee records, inventory records, deliveries, and returns in accordance with State laws and regulations and One Plant standards
- Responsible for the preparation and execution of One Plant medically-infused product line through the measuring, mixing, and processing of product in accordance with the State and standards set by One Plant
- Ensures consistency and efficacy of product through quality control testing and procedures outlined by One Plant
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 4-year degree in Biochemistry or related field
- Experience working for a position regulated by the FDA preferred. Experience managing and working in manufacturing in a regulated facility that produces nutraceutical/pharmaceutical products
- Knowledge of sanitation requirements for the production of nutraceutical/pharmaceutical products
- Thorough understanding of state and local medical cannabis laws and how they apply to the operations of Cresco Labs
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail. Effective time-management and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment. Proficiency in windows-based software and point of sale applications a plus
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.