Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an experienced CDP (Customer Data Platform) Manager to lead the expansion and management of our customer data platforms efforts. This leader will harness powerful analytic data tools, as strategic assets to drive and inform decision making across all parts of the organization. This is a hands-on job for a detail-oriented leader who is passionate about customer journey and data development, comfortable in a dynamic organization, and excited to build a world-class data platform. The job requires technical chops, marketing analysis skills, and effective problem-solving ability.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Develop requirements, assessments, and specifications for the governance and management of the CDP, including raw data sources, integrated datasets, metadata, operational data stores, and analytical data.
- Lead the growth and expansion of the CDP, with clearly articulated problem statements and goals. Own accountability for the successful execution of the projects, working cross-functionally to ensure solutions deliver against defined business problems and objectives.
- Work closely with department leaders to ensure that project tasks and timelines are aligned to Cresco Labs strategic goals and overall data and analytics strategy.
- Partner with technical teams building and maintaining data infrastructure under the shared goal of a performant, reliable, and secure enterprise data platform.
- Execute data validation and QA, always advocating for data quality. Ensure that data utilized by stakeholders is accurate and fresh.
- Lead the Customer 360 approach, prioritizing delivery, accessibility, and UX to business users and ensuring assets are optimized and fully leveraged by the company.
- Prepare and deliver updates to management and non-technical stakeholders and propose and get buy-in for related roadmaps and solutions.
- Maintain written documentation and ensure it is continually valuable and up to date.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical or analytical field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant hands on experience, including translating business needs into data and reporting requirements, and validation testing.
- Minimum of 2 years managing a major business platform (CDP, ESP, CRM)
- Familiarity with compliance process design and SOP documentation.
- Knowledge of data warehousing fundamentals.
- Experience with BI reporting and visualization software (Snowflake and Tableau a plus).
- Experience with Segment, Customer.io, Twilio, and similar acquisition platforms is a plus.
- Strong critical thinker and problem solver. Able to identify and formulate solutions and action plans to resolve a wide range of business needs.
- Motivated to collaborate cross-functionally with Compliance, Marketing and Engineering teams.
- Project management. You get things done and you get others to get their things done too.
- Able to manage demanding deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage stakeholders’ deliverables and expectations.
- Strong sense of responsibility, leveraging others, owning the problem, and driving solutions.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.