Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Director of Emergency Management to join our corporate office in Chicago, IL. This individual will report to the VP of Safety, Security, Emergency Management and will be responsible for the comprehensive emergency management program throughout the Cresco Labs Enterprise.
Director of Emergency Management will provide operational and tactical oversight of preparedness, response, and business recovery operations associated with all corporate, retail, and manufacturing operations. Additionally, the position will oversee the comprehensive training and exercising / drill programs associated with a comprehensive emergency management program and industry specific best practices in conjunction with division leadership with Safety and Security. Individual will have a strong understanding of the fundamental principles of creating and maintaining a comprehensive emergency management program. Position will assist in the regional crisis leadership support to ensure Cresco Labs facilities are prepared for all hazard incidents in conjunction with industry wide regulations and best practices. As the company continues to grow, this individual will be responsible for leading and engaging multiple direct reports in a fast-paced, 'all hands-on deck' environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Ability to engage staff from field operations, regions, and corporate leadership to build a culture of preparedness through a comprehensive training and exercise program associated with emergency preparedness in conjunction with Safety and Security.
- Establishes new and innovative practices revolving around emergency preparedness to include facilitation of trainings, drills, and other exercises to ensure all Cresco Employees are adequately prepared for disasters affecting their local communities.
- Supports the establishment of crisis teams to include available trainings at all retail and manufacturing facilities throughout all Cresco Labs locations.
- Establishes situational awareness dashboards electronic software applications to assist with informed decision making for executive and senior leadership
- Maintains the Safety, Security & Emergency Management SharePoint for annual update of preparedness plans, policies, and procedures in conjunction with Safety and Security
- Facilitates the annual update of the Cresco Labs Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan and engages all facilities in updating tactical level response plans
- Facilitates post incident reviews of incidents to include oversite of reports to include corrective action / preventative action plans including coordination and support to attain goals outlined in the aftermath of an incident
- Supports risk assessments and regular reporting in conjunction with departmental personnel focused on enterprise risk management practices
- Acts as a key liaison during incidents and supports the coordination of incidents to include key due outs and crisis coordination as needed or requested by senior leadership.
- Establishes and maintains key operational and tactical relationships with suppliers, contractors, and vendors
- Engages positively with the communities where Cresco operates to ensure strong partnerships and connections with key agencies associated with a major response or business continuity situation
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree with safety, security, or emergency management experience
- Master's degree and/or professional certificate in emergency management a plus
- 5+ years of experience in emergency management / public safety / military experience
- 3+ years of experience leading a team and coordinating with departments who with little background in subject area
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and PowerPoint and Emergency Management Programs
- Strong understanding Emergency Management Principals
- Ability to provide written information quickly and effectively during an incident with little to no guidance
- Strong attention to detail, with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding ambitious goals
- Flexible and adaptable mindset
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.