Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Corporate Packaging Engineer to support the commercial manufacturing process and production expansion, as well as ongoing operations. This position will be responsible for the technical and operational elements of new packaging and packaging functionality. This will include preparation of packaging requirements and associated execution of validation protocols, training and troubleshooting. Additional responsibilities involve supporting process improvement, materials selection and usage, capacity utilization improvement and finally, ensuring delivery to customer specifications and timelines in support of corporate initiatives.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Develop innovative, timely, and cost-effective packaging concepts that align with the S&OP timelines, Operations, Marketing and improve upon existing and proposed packaging lines.
- Coordinate activities and project deliverables across all Cresco operation sites including but not limited to, reviewing new projects, troubleshooting packaging related issues, and incorporate process improvement initiatives.
- Support the packaging automation effort to save costs, increase asset availability and reliability.
- Assemble, facilitate, and participate in cross functional teams, between Project Management, Graphic Design, Compliance, Sourcing, Quality, Food, Operations, and Marketing stakeholders.
- Actively participate in equipment validation and qualification for all packaging related equipment as needed for Operations, Logistics, Manufacturing and Food.
- Define critical process parameters, operational ranges and acceptance for quality assurance and process validation activities for new packaging concepts for food, manufactured and other primary products.
- Assist the QMS teams with updating documentation for changes to existing packaging forms along with new and create technical specifications for packaging materials used in the manufacturing process.
- Support operations engineering standardization initiatives within Cresco operations in all markets.
- Support Supply Chain, Operations and Logistics with equipment manufacturer communications and packaging specific vendors.
- Organize and provide training for operations and engineering employees on procedures and equipment relevant to packaging and automation.
- Collaborate with Facility Directors, Packaging Managers, and Facility engineering, as required to prepare and review packaging designs, materials and equipment purchases.
- Support and create payback calculations and purchase request submittals for equipment purchases.
- Assist and support Corporate Operations and Engineering functional heads by attending project meetings.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- BS in Packaging Engineering or 5-7 years relevant technical experience in a consumer package goods environment.
- 3-5 years of experience managing automated packaging lines preferred or developing packaging for automated lines for combination weigh scales, capping, labeling and inline printing on multiple packaging forms and or materials.
- Experience developing, reviewing, redlining, and approving packaging specifications.
- Codesoft, Zebra and Epson printing knowledge desired but not required.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical guidelines desired but not required (GMP, GDP, ASTM).
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.