Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Ecommerce Director will establish the ecommerce vision and implementation for Cresco Lab’s wholesale brands. This individual will lead short-term growth goals and create the long-term strategic roadmap for 3rd party cannabis listing platforms and the brand ecommerce site experience. This individual will manage a team responsible for all DtC deliverables.
We are seeking a leader who is passionate about building solutions in a new and emerging industry. The ideal candidate has well-rounded marketplace experience and can champion foundational projects and innovative project to the finish line. This candidate should have a high degree of comfort with ambiguity be ready to turn on a dime as the cannabis pick-up and delivery marketplace rapidly evolves.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Lead ecommerce and marketplace eco-system for Cresco Lab’s wholesale brands. This includes owned DtC brand sites and listing platforms-- WeedMaps, Leafly, IHeartJane, Eaze, Dutchie, Treez and other delivery platforms
- Develop and maintain projects for website and marketplace initiatives. Manage cross-functional resources, stakeholders and timelines
- Lead Marketplace joint business plans, integrations and strategic roadmap
- Lead team to implement Marketplace updates, ensure menu accuracy and run advertising campaigns to increase traffic and conversions
- Craft Marketplace promotional calendar with alignment from Brand Managers
- Identify new sales-driving initiatives that fuel company goals- including emerging Delivery and Pick-up cannabis opportunities
- Collaborate with Director of Content for communication solutions for ecommerce and 3rd Party
- Lead 3rd party marketplace and owned ecommerce measurement plan, learning agenda—including pipeline of test-and-learn activations. Co-lead reporting deliverables with Analytics team
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university
- 5+ years of experience in eCommerce, marketing, consulting, and/or customer marketing experience
- Experience working with and managing 3rd party vendors is crucial, cannabis listing partners is a plus
- Passionate about customer experience with a deep knowledge of ecommerce best practices (including personalization and event tracking)
- Knowledge of digital marketing tools (e.g. Google Analytics, CRM platforms, Tableau or similar analytics dashboard)
- Ability to manage several concurrent activities and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Track record of building processes and teams from the ground up
- Strong communication skills (persuasive and professional communicator) is required
- Strong analytical skill set with ability to interpret quantitative data
- Genuine interest in and passion for the cannabis industry is required
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.