Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
This role is an integral part of the Commercial Development department within Continuum Distribution. This role is responsible for ensuring the right products are available to drive revenue for Continuum while being the point person for Supplier Relations. This role manages key Suppliers within the Continuum portfolio. This role oversees inventory management and procurement for select Suppliers. This role will work closely with Sales to ensure brand-partners’ G2M plans are executed in the trade. It will also work closely with Operations, Finance, Compliance. Success requires excellent cross-collaboration skills.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Inventory management and demand planning procurement based on manufacturing schedules
- Ensure we have 30 days of top performing SKUs on hand at all times
- Define ideal target number of SKUs by brand based on performance
- Provide 30-day demand schedules to all assign brand partners (quarterly)
- Monitor inventory and have a plan for at-risk inventory, any inventory over 30 days; devise a cooperative plan to move anything past 45 days
- Ensure all brands have the right price from frontline to floor (agreed upon margin is protected)
- Promotional planning: supplier funded promotions planned out for each quarter and key holidays
- Oversee partner intake paperwork and ensure compliance prior to intake
- Provides all partner reporting: billbacks, sales, inventory, new accounts and monthly recaps
- Hosts quarterly reviews by brand reviewing supplier scorecard and overall performance, Sales, SKU relevance, account penetration, in-store support and intake accuracy
- Define ride along protocol and frequency based on revenue, brand launches and TSO alignment
- Confirm Suppliers to in-person sales meetings and manage content quality to include overcoming objections
- Coordinating demo accessibility, budtender training, compliant in-store activation product to market etc.
- Ensures gross profit is met for each assigned brand and has command of monthly revenue and payables for all brands
- Works closely with Marketing to ensure brands are accurately represented in customer facing communication and aggregates and shares all feedback with Suppliers
- Provide weekly Brand Updates to Sales for all brands in the Continuum portfolio
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 5-7+ years prior experience in sales or commercialization
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the California Cannabis industry (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Should possess strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of go to market planning execution
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.