Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator to join our Accounts Payable team in Chicago, IL. This position will report to the Accounts Payable Supervisor and will be responsible for processing invoices, payment runs, positive pay and other AP related activities and projects. Our ideal candidate has significant accounts payable experience and is highly organized, a strong communicator, takes initiative, is detailed-oriented, and has strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Process invoices for payment by reviewing and matching documents, identifying and entering general ledger coding, and obtaining approvals.
- Review processed invoices for accuracy, appropriate general ledger coding and proper approvals.
- Process checks, ACH and prepare wire documentation.
- Review and manage positive pay.
- Support the month end close process including preparing journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations and other close related tasks.
- Contact vendors to obtain copies of invoices and statements and research and resolve discrepancies.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedure documentation.
- Provide guidance to and assist with training AP Coordinators.
- Support internal and external research and documentation requests.
- Correspond professionally and promptly to internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with AP team and AP leadership.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or business-related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years AP experience that includes supporting staff, issue research and resolution, payment runs, interaction with internal business partners and a large supplier base.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and administrative skills.
- Experience with financial accounting and ERP systems (SAP and Sage Intacct preferred).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledgeable in Accounts Payable functions and internal controls.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and is flexible with changing priorities
- Ability to understand and comply with established departmental policies, processes, and procedures.
- Must be able to work in the Chicago corporate office 5 days a week and/or remotely, as required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.