Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Kitchen Agent to join our Mendota, CA facility. The Edibles Product Agent is responsible for cross-functional support of production and packaging for our infused edible products. The Agent completes tasks assigned by the Kitchen Head Chef and Packaging Supervisor. Carry out day-to-day tasks including prepping, cleaning, cooking, labeling, wrapping and operating basic production and packaging machinery. Produce and package edibles in accordance with the State and standards set by Cresco Labs.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Assist kitchen chefs with daily production of baked goods, chocolate and confections using commercial machinery including:
- Hard candies
- Peanut brittle / toffee
- Fruit chews / taffy
- Coated “cores”
- Understand and execute batch production as assigned by Head Chef – learn and perfect recipes.
- Display knowledge of dosing methods for accurate potency and homogenization.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues that may cause damaged edibles ensuring quality control.
- Train in food safety / sanitation and maintain a clean and safe production environment.
- Assist, when needed, in labeling, wrapping and tracking edibles for final sale.
- Maintain a clean and safe production facility.
- Ensure personal hygiene is acceptable under standards set by Cresco Labs before performing any production activities by washing hands, wearing a hair net, changing clothes, etc.
- Complete the sanitation of production equipment and tools including workspace, production and packaging equipment, cookware and appliances.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Experience in a field and/or operation that adheres to strict health and safety policies and procedures, preferable a regulated field producing products for human consumption.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of recipes, food production and kitchen sanitation.
- Strong and effective task-management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail – ability to monitor basic kitchen production in process, package and label in a precise manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Experience in a production-heavy kitchen is a plus.
- Ability to stand for at least 6 hours per day and lift up to 50 pounds to torso level is necessary.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.