Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Treasury Analyst to join our corporate finance team in Chicago, IL. The Treasury Analyst will be responsible for assisting with cash and risk management and cultivating banking relationships. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter, highly organized with great attention to detail and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Oversee and monitor cash receipt and disbursement process, prepares daily cash position reports and determines funding needs for daily operations.
- Create models and provide cash flow forecast to manage resource strategically. Prepare presentations of analyses to senior management.
- Document and analyze the debt position and payments, working to minimize any interest expense and optimize cash flow.
- Process wire transfers, review disbursement such as checks and ACH to ensure funds are allocated accordingly for operating needs.
- Manage bank account services including open/close bank accounts, new services set up, administer bank system and user access, bank signer update, bank fee analysis. Serve as go to person on treasury and bank related matters.
- Assist with the development of treasury policies, procedures, and controls. Create best practices and SOX compliant processes for all current and future Treasury operations.
- Assist with corporate risk management. Prepare insurance renewal data and coordinate in annual insurance renewal process.
- Serve as liaison between business team and insurance partners on insurance and related requests. Ensure premium payments are made and recorded on a timely fashion.
- Support and facilitate month/quarter/year end accounting and reporting for treasury transactions. Work closely with internal/external auditors on audit requests.
- Participate in special projects such as system implementation and perform various analyses when required or requested.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business-related field (CTP certification preferred)
- 3+ years of finance and treasury experience
- Prior experience in the areas of insurance and risk management
- Knowledge of banking systems and experience with treasury management and financial accounting/reporting systems (Intacct/ERP helpful)
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required (Pivot tables and V-Lookups, etc.)
- SOX testing experience
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Ability to work independently and solve problems, making knowledgeable recommendations to management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to present ideas and information clearly and concisely, proofreading written materials
- Consistent follow through on assigned tasks, working in a detail-oriented and organized manner even with distractions
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.