Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Working with the SVP of HR Operations, this role will continue to evolve and champion Cresco Labs benefits philosophy. This role will oversee the planning, design, development, and implementation of the company-wide benefit programs and will lead in the creation of policies, procedures, and reporting. It is critical that this role partner across Human Resources and the business to ensure successful role out of our benefit programs.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Consult with HR Business Partners and Business Leaders on communications and education on overall benefit offerings, wellness, leaves and time-off for our employees
- Evaluate and benchmark Cresco Labs benefits programs and solutions based on market trends and best practices for our specific and distinct employee populations (retail, manufacturing and corporate)
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements in our locations
- Work with the VP of Compensation to develop and aspire to build best in class programs and offerings to support the changing needs of the organization and its employees, in alignment with Cresco Labs total rewards philosophy
- Evaluate the competitive environment and lead the design of innovative and state specific health, welfare, retirement, and time off programs
- Provide thought leadership, expertise, and guidance in the development of wellness strategies
- Develop tools and communication vehicles that increase employee engagement and understanding of benefit programs and the value they deliver
- Identify, assess, and manage partnerships, including vendors, consultants, third party administrators, and trustees
- Enhance the leave of absence and FMLA program
- Continue to enhance the administration of the 401k plan
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree
- 15+ years of proven experience in Benefits with a minimum of 5 years’ experience with retirement plans.
- A desire to be part of a high-growth, transformational company that is setting the standard in professionalizing the Cannabis industry.
- Strong understanding of current Benefits market best practices and experience initiating change.
- Solid understanding of compliance and changing regulatory environment.
- Deep knowledge of retirement plans, federal and local laws, compliance, and processes, including ERISA, HIPAA, and regulatory requirements.
- Proven ability to manage a team of benefits professionals.
- Strong communicator and team player.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities
- M&A experience, as it pertains to Benefits offerings a plus
- Manufacturing and retail experience a plus.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.