Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Purchasing Coordinator to join our Supply Chain team. The Purchasing Coordinator will place purchase orders and work closely with our suppliers and warehouse team to maintain optimal inventory levels and support production continuity. The purchasing coordinator is responsible for identifying best-cost solutions for direct and indirect purchasing needs and collaborating cross-functionally, when necessary, to facilitate material replenishment.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Create and issue purchase orders, ensuring accurate pricing and delivery detail
- Collaborate with warehouse and production teams to proactively identify supply shortages, realigning the replenishment schedule as needed
- Actively seek out and identify cost-out opportunities, presenting recommendations to management
- Research and resolve product and/or receiving discrepancies
- Develop an efficient and accurate system to monitor open purchase orders
- Expedite past-due purchase orders and communicate delivery schedules to the team
- Track and report out on inventory levels and supplier performance
- Other duties to support production as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 1-2 years of purchasing experience (manufacturing background preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel and Word
- Associates Degree (preferred)
- High level of organizational skill
- Deadline driven and detail oriented
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all company departments and employees
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.