Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs (Cresco) is seeking a Sourcing Manager to aggressively drive enterprise-wide supply chain efficiencies through supplier optimization and sourcing strategies, with a focus on all our indirect spend. The individual must be capable of executing end to end sourcing processes with limited supervision, meeting challenging timelines while achieving operational quality standards and cost savings targets. This role resides within Cresco’s Supply Chain Organization, reporting to the Director of Strategic Sourcing, and will have visibility and accountability across the enterprise.
CORE JOB DUTIES:
- Serve as the Supply Chain representative to a variety of our business units including but not limited to IT, HR, Finance, Marketing, Branding, Legal, and Government Affairs.
- Direct and execute strategic sourcing initiatives across multiple spend categories simultaneously to include tasks such as RFx development, supplier evaluation / selection, commercial term negotiation, contract development coordination with legal and purchase order execution.
- Identify both near and long- term opportunities which drive both qualitative and quantitative value for Cresco by conducting comprehensive spend and operational analysis.
- Assist in developing category sourcing and supplier strategies across the enterprise while also helping to establish savings targets for spend categories.
- Continually monitor, analyze, and assess pricing and delivery trends within markets and industries for their impact on Cresco’s spend and sourcing strategies while providing clear and concise communication of the impacts to supply chain leadership and key stakeholders.
- React to dynamic business environments to minimize Cresco’s exposure to risk from events such as vendor bankruptcies, mergers, acquisitions, and regulatory changes.
- Stay current on the latest developments in strategic sourcing, procurement and contracting helping refine processes and methodologies which drive efficiency and maximum commercial benefit for the enterprise.
- Keeps current with industry trends and identifies ways to implement progressive technology as appropriate.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred, other related degrees will be considered with adequate relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience in one or multiple the following categories:
- Progressive enterprise sourcing and procurement
- Technology Sourcing
- Marketing / Branding Sourcing
- Prior experience managing projects to a timeline, ensuring quality deliverables and effective communication with all stakeholders throughout the process.
- Experience negotiating simple and complex product and service contracts with an understanding of both commercial and legal contract terms as well as service level standards.
- Candidate will require the ability to translate technical requirements or parameters of indirect spend categories into RFx event and commercial agreements.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in strategic sourcing and procurement methodologies with a working knowledge of finance.
- Strong relationship building, analytical and communication skills.
- Advanced Excel and Power Point skills.
- Prior indirect sourcing experience.
- Ecommerce familiarity a plus.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.