Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a Documents and Training Program Manager, to join our operations team. This role will be located primarily out of our Chicago Headquarters. As our Documents and Training Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing documents, timelines, and resource activities related to operational startup of our facilities and dispensary retail locations across the enterprise and on a national level. Documents include Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), product and packaging/labeling formulations, and other training materials. The ideal candidate must possess a strong attention to detail, be highly organized, be able to juggle multiple document changes and priorities, manage timelines and due dates, work collaboratively within a team, manage supplier relationships, and communicate closely with key stakeholders, change control managers, and document approvers.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for managing timelines and activities to successfully launch a new market or integration through merger and acquisition or new product launches.
- Oversee deliverables, timelines, priorities, suppliers, and change control manager and approver workload to meet critical launch priorities and objectives.
- Coordinate updates to, reviews, and approvals of operating procedures, product documents, and training materials needed as part of license application submissions, regulatory inspections, and facility and retail dispensary locations. Provide strategic advice on how documents required for multiple state launches with different timelines can efficiently be created or updated to meet all target completion dates.
- Conduct gap assessments and/or audit of documents and training as related to new market or integration through merger and acquisition.
- Work closely with Project Management Office (PMO), change control managers, document writers, document management and training coordinator and program specialist, corporate and state operations leadership teams, Legal, Market Integration, and suppliers to track deliverables, due dates, and status.
- Effectively communicate changes in scope and market launch plans to ensure that key stakeholders are always aware of evolving due dates and priorities.
- Lead meetings with key stakeholders to resolve issues, build efficiencies in the launch process, and mitigate risk. Will require familiarity of state regulations and document change control and training processes to effectively manage workload and teams.
- Oversee management of the Document Management and Training Coordinator and Document Management and Training Program Specialist roles and responsibilities
- Collaborate with Compliance to review regulations and local ordinance to ensure regulatory compliance as related to new market or integration through merger and acquisition
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years experience in document or change control management, project management, training and development, or operations
- 2 + years of progressive leadership or management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Effectively communicate project objectives, commitments, priorities, due dates, and timelines in an executive summary and detailed format, adapting style to target audiences
- Quick learner – grasps essence quickly and uses information learned to apply elsewhere
- Deals well with ambiguity and gray areas – must be a self-starter
- Motivates teams to drive deliverables to completion
- Solves problems, eliminating risks, address issues, and recommending improvements to build efficiencies
- Understands the big picture strategy but can see the details when information doesn’t make sense or is inconsistent
- Able to have difficult discussions with constructive feedback when project is off track and needs resolution to meet objectives and due dates
- Work with individuals who are more senior, striking a balance of driving for results but understanding when competing priorities exist
- Highly flexible and adaptable – working in a fast-paced start-up involves daily shifting priorities; able to go with the flow and adjust to changing needs quickly
- Ability to handle multiple high-priority items; there will be several simultaneous market launch projects and hundreds of document updates to manage
- Strong attention to detail
- Preferred experience in working in a company or industry with a formalized change control and document management process, including familiarity with regulatory requirements and guidelines
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.