Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Regional Senior Vice President of Operations will be responsible for the site level operations within their region, including processing, packaging, maintenance, cultivation, manufacturing, production, and supply chain/distribution. Reporting to the COO and in partnership with the Regional Vice Presidents and General Managers this individual will ensure consistent delivery of finished products for our customers, high standards of regulatory safety and compliance, effective continuous improvement initiatives, and maintain a strong team-oriented employee culture.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Understands current operating procedures in each facility and identifies ways to standardize procedures and best practices across all regional facilities, in partnership with operational excellence
- Partners with COE and Regional GM’s to identify continuous improvement opportunities and new process or systems implementations
- Constantly supports opportunities to improve organizational continuity between all functions at each facility and corporate
- Partners with Quality, Safety, and Compliance to ensure facilities are maintained to state regulatory, OSHA, and Cresco quality standards
- Tracks facility KPI’s to measure departmental performance, report back to the leadership team, and lead gap analyses to determine improvements where necessary
- Keeps current with industry trends and identifies ways to implement progressive technology into the facilities
- Responsible for the overall health and safety of employees by ensuring proper training is provided for all employees and respective metrics are implemented to measure effectiveness of policies and identify areas of improvement
- Develops and maintains healthy relationships with external vendors/suppliers where needed
- Partner closely with Facility Directors, GM’s and HR/TA to ensure adequate staffing levels for all departments in order to meet production goals
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 12 years of progressively responsible, successful experience in a high-growth CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods), NHP (Natural Health Products) or healthcare organization, including
- 7+ years managing a large team across multiple sites
- Previous experience in a manufacturing setting with a focus on operational efficiencies and continuous improvement focus
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a broad knowledge of management practices and good business analysis/project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp a large, complex, matrix-oriented business and drive business process improvement.
- Proven ability to manage numerous projects, as well as resources, remotely in a highly dispersed organization.
- A proven track record of results including earnings growth, working capital reduction, SG&A control and operation productivity
- Proven ability to select top talent and create a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, continual learning and development of key personnel for future advancement.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a wide range of audiences including clients, front line managers and C-level leaders.
- Ability to travel frequently throughout the region and as-needed to other locations throughout the country.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.