Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist to join our Accounts Receivable team in West Sacramento, CA or Chicago, IL. This position will report to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor and will be responsible for ensuring that our customer AR balances are current and accurate. This includes ensuring that the past due balances are collected, that payment pick-ups are scheduled and adhered to, and that sales is engaged as necessary to assist with collections. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who has significant Collections experience, is highly organized, takes initiative, is detailed-oriented, and has strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Perform collection calls and emails on assigned portfolio of customers
- Ensure customer statements, invoices and demand letters are sent to customers.
- Reconcile customer balances to ensure accuracy and alignment with the customer.
- Schedule and confirm payment deliveries.
- Obtain agreements to pay and arrange and enforce payment plans.
- Collaborate with AR team, Sales, Customer Service, and Finance regarding disputes and problem accounts and develop resolutions to collect the outstanding balances.
- Document conversations and establish follow up routine for timely collection.
- Complete daily/weekly collection reports.
- Other projects as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business-related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years corporate collections experience including interaction with a large customer base required
- Experience with financial accounting and ERP systems (SAP, Sage Intacct, and QuickBooks preferred)
- Proficient in MS Excel (vlookups, pivot tables) and MS Office
- Strong verbal and written communication ability along with negotiation/collection skills
- Strong organizational, time management, priority setting, and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.