Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Lead Security Officer administers and oversees all site security operations during shift to ensure the safety of Cresco personnel, vendors, and visitors to the facility. This includes protecting Cresco properties from unauthorized access, vandalism, or theft. This individual must maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality and serve as the primary site contact for law enforcement agencies when the Facility Director is not on-site. The Lead Security Officer will be under the direct supervision of the Regional Security Manager.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Support and administer organizational security plans and operations
- Maintain inventory and maintenance of all security-related equipment on site
- Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of security procedures based on policies determined by the Corporate Security Director in order to meet required codes and regulations
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance all required security manuals; maintain records, manuals and documentation
- Coordinate and oversee contracted security team members assigned to a shift, to include; planning, scheduling, organizing and directing work. Ensure Security Team shift priorities are followed based on policies and procedures
- Train contracted security personnel and identify/ recommend training opportunities or corrective action
- Investigate and/or report hazards, unusual or suspicious circumstances to Facility Director for correction or follow-up actions
- Serve as primary contact for after hour alarm notification; decide what actions to take based on situation, facts known
- Decide when an incident requires written report, which report form to use and submit to supervisor; may prepare other written reports as directed by supervisor
- Communicate clearly and effectively with management, employees, clients, partners, and vendors
- Support and conduct internal investigations in accordance with legal requirements and company policies. Review incident reports for clarity, accuracy, and submit for approval
- Assist with the administration and the operation of all security related systems: access control, video monitoring, and badging.
- Develop and maintain positive security vendor relationships
- Identify and recommend methods to improve physical security and/or improve department function
- Ensure all site security staff are adequately and continuously trained
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Experience leading/mentoring a team
- Keen sense of awareness; ability to alert employees and other team members of possible threats or situations requiring immediate attention
- Ability to make quick, concise decisions while managing many tasks at any one time
- Ability to work calmly during emergencies or in stressful environments while assisting with multiple client and employee requests
- High level of confidentiality
- Proficiency with computers including the utilization of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience managing stress and/or fast-paced environment effectively
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.