Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking an Senior Manager of Accounting Systems to join our Corporate Controllership team in Chicago, IL. This role will report to the Director of Operational Accounting and will be responsible for managing the SAP implementation across our multi-state operations. This individual will also indirectly report to the Senior Director of Financial Systems & Integration and work with Cresco’s accounting and finance teams alongside the external ERP system integration team to confirm integration needs, initiate testing, and revise process flows as needed. This role will also provide guidance on process flows and system procedures to ensure alignment to accounting industry standards and regulations, while maintaining the overall project timeline to meet key deadlines and goals.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Serve as the primary project lead representing the Corporate Accounting team on the SAP Discovery and Implementation project for all the markets as they go live
- Create and identify use cases, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and proper test scripts
- Conduct UAT testing and assisting in the integration testing as needed
- Work with the department to ensure we have correct process flow with SAP S4 Hana and address operational needs during the implementation, interim state for each phase and Go Live/Run Phase
- Own the SAP Discovery requirements and the Implementation project plan workstream for the Corporate Accounting team and work with other SAP leads across the organization to have successful implementation
- Develop and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for current processes and for future state for the S4 Hana SAP implementation
- Provide weekly status updates to Director of Operational Accounting as well as other Controllership teams (e.g. Financial Systems & Integrations)
- Work cross functionally with all company departments including operations, finance (tax, cost, consolidations, reporting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, FP&A, investor relations), sales, marketing, legal, compliance, and HR
- Represent the Corporate Accounting Department within a companywide SAP Center of Excellence team to provide leadership, support and/or ensure training.
- Ensure that intercompany relationships/transactions are correctly identified and set up in SAP S4 Hana
- Assist with process improvements for accounting, including refinement and automation of close processes and reporting, implementation of robust accounting system procedures and related integrations for add-on accounting and process management systems (e.g., Blackline)
- Assist with managing adherence to deadlines both internally and cross-functionally to meet close responsibilities by ensuring implementation is not delayed
- Contribute to implementation of additional accounting modules and add on/new financials systems (automation/ERP)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business with Accounting concentration
- 8+ years accounting experience, required (public accounting or public company corporate accounting, preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive hands-on experience with financial accounting systems (Intacct helpful) and ERP (SAP, required) with knowledge of data structure and reporting requirements
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required, including working with large amounts of data
- Experience at large, publicly traded manufacturing companies, preferred
- CPA, preferred
- Tableau experience, preferred
- Enjoys working in a post start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.