Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) Specialist to join our corporate headquarters in Chicago, IL. This role will be responsible for ensuring that co-packers, third party labs, packaging material, and ingredient suppliers are in compliance with Cresco Labs, FDA, and multi-state regulators for Cannabis. This position will report directly into the Supplier Quality Assurance Director.
The candidate may be asked to assist with supplier performance monitoring and data analytics, conduct supplier audits/assessments, perform corrective action verification, follow up on supplier preventative actions and participate in supplier development/continuous improvement activities/projects.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Manage investigations arising from supplier nonconformity with cross functional teams.
- Serves as the primary contact to review and follow up on Supplier Qualification documentation such as Approved Supplier Lists, Quality Questionnaires, Supplier reviews etc.
- Performing audits, reporting results both verbally and in writing, and assessing effectiveness of corrective actions
- Maintaining the approved supplier list and documentation management system.
- Conducting annual review of suppliers, including contacting and following up with suppliers.
- Ensure all relevant supplier documents are on file, no significant changes in supplier’s policies and procedures have occurred, and supplier is meeting Cresco quality standards.
- Supports resolution and closure of Supplier Quality related corrective and preventive actions.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of supplier quality experience within the food, alcohol & tobacco, pharmaceutical or agricultural industry.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, Engineering or other related fields.
- Strong working knowledge of GMPs, Food Safety and Quality Management systems, HACCP, and FSMA
- 3+ years of audit experience
- Ability to independently evaluate compliance and gaps to requirements through onsite, virtual, and desktop audits.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions in reducing or eliminating issue reoccurrence.
- Strong organizational and time managements skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work effectively both individually and within a team.
- Detail oriented and results driven.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point.
- Experience with new processes implementation, including on-going support.
- Cannabis regulation and/or product knowledge is a plus
- Prior experience working with cannabis labs, cultivation or manufacturing is a plus
- Ability to manage several priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be able to travel 25-30%
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.