Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine’s Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods (“CPG”) approach to cannabis, Cresco’s house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy’s, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco’s national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry’s first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation’s cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
As the Customer Care Manager, the majority of your responsibilities include managing and overseeing and mentoring a team of Customer Care Representatives (CCR’s), developing measurable goals and performance objectives, fielding calls and emails, analyzing customer data for trends and continuously finding opportunities to improve the communication and processes cross functionally and with external contacts.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Manage the hiring, training, retention and performance of the Customer Care team
- Track departmental workflow daily by auditing number of orders placed, codes applied, packets generated, reconciliation requests processed and efficiency in clearing order queue
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements impacting onboarding, ordering and customer care functions
- Develop and oversee the implementation of Customer Care processes and procedures while working closely with the Operations and Sales team to ensure they are designed effectively
- Mentor and develop Customer Care team and direct them in finding creative solutions to both client and internal challenges
- Foster knowledge-sharing and clear communication internally to ensure collaborative and informed work for effective information flow
- Resolve complex client problems or disputes in a professional manner
- Develop strategies to increase the quality and efficiency of support to customers and suppliers
- Monitor business and process metrics to measure departmental KPI’s and manage Customer Care effectiveness while continuously work towards improving efficiencies
- Keep records and documentation of client interactions for details of actions taken and for training purposes
- Maintain in-depth working knowledge of the company’s brands, systems & processes and the California Cannabis industry as a whole
- Schedule meetings with the internal teams to discuss and resolve Customer Care failures/customer concerns
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 5-7+ years prior experience in customer facing roles
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the California Cannabis industry (preferred)
- Proven experience in a leadership role is required
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to anticipate the needs of customers
- Should possess strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Customer Care programs and databases and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.